Haunted PC

Raz Ghost

OK maybe a bit OTT title but I just experienced the weirdest thing to date that I just had to share.

So about a hour ago I spilt a little bit of my drink on the wasd keys FML, unpluged it dried it off as best as I could plugged it in and i could only get special characters to come up like if you hold alt gr. Take the whole thing apart, completely dry it off and plug it in and now it's like ctrl is being held down. And here's the weird bit, I plug in my spare keyboard (unplugged the other one) and I had the same behaviour. FFS two broken keyboards with the same issue what are the odds!?! The only option I could think of was to restart but if that didn't fix it I wouldn't be able to type the password but I did it anyway.

And what would you know it's all working, plugged in the one I spilt stuff on and it worked fine.

I simply can't explain it, anyone else have stories of unexplained activity?

my old computer used to randomly turn on in the middle of the fucking night just to WAKE ME UP

and that's how I started to unplug everything before going to bed.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

7 hours ago, aezakmi said:

my old computer used to randomly turn on in the middle of the fucking night just to WAKE ME UP

and that's how I started to unplug everything before going to bed.

Wait is there a reason why computers do that i have the same issue with mine i turn it off before work and come back and its on also happen while i sleep 

2 minutes ago, Frolist said:

Wait is there a reason why computers do that i have the same issue with mine i turn it off before work and come back and its on also happen while i sleep 

do you have wake on LAN turned on?

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

do you have wake on LAN turned on?

well its on a Ethernet cable soo am guessing yeah maybe 

how would this effect my pc if its completely off 

9 hours ago, Raz Ghost said:

now it's like ctrl is being held down. And here's the weird bit, I plug in my spare keyboard (unplugged the other one) and I had the same behaviour. FFS two broken keyboards with the same issue what are the odds!?!

sounds like the windows sticky keys function, not hard to explain