Logitech Z506 5.1 speaker set review

M4XvPA1N

Sadly, I can't post any pictures. My initial thought of the Z506 5.1 channel speaker set from Logitech was that they were probably going to end up being a few cheap speakers thrown inside a box. Well for around $100 on newegg it's probably turned out to be the best for the money. It includes a 75W sub woofer, 2 side speakers and 1 middle speaker. The sub woofer has a bass knob so you can lower or heighten the amount of bass you want. Sadly, a slight rattle noise is produced when you crank it up all the way. Going from free wooden 2.1 channel Rosewill speakers to this was phenomonal. If you have a spare $100 and you need a good speaker set with Logitech quality then these should be the ones for you.

Would you recommend it for someone who listens a lot of dubstep/house music, as a whole a more heavy bass music?

Would you recommend it for someone who listens a lot of dubstep/house music, as a whole a more heavy bass music?

YES it is amazing for any electronic music.

i wouldnt reccomend them not oly would thel lock at 12o clock and no more volume after that they also would go all over the place on the volume 1 seccond it would be quiet then the next they would be blasting with touching anything

i wouldnt reccomend them not oly would thel lock at 12o clock and no more volume after that they also would go all over the place on the volume 1 seccond it would be quiet then the next they would be blasting with touching anything

I think you have a defective pair, because the set at my store definitely continue to get louder past 12 oclock. I personally own the X-540's from 2006 and while there's definitely better sound out there, I wouldn't trade them away unless something in their price range came along that really WOW'd me.

The z506's function the same way as my X-540's, and really do sound great for all music types, from electronic to country to good old rock and roll and reggae. The only time I get clipping is dialing past 75% volume whilst listening to high-range piano or string notes, but then again, not many analogue speakers with mid range quality magnets can achieve better. (that I'm aware of)

Volume knob is smooth as silk, and contrary to logical thought, actually sound better when turned up between 50-80% volume. If you search the web, you'll find that many people actually set their computer down around 20-30% volume, and either max out or 70% their speakers volume knob, as the amplifier in the circuitry of Logitech's 5.1 systems does a better job than integrated audio cards.

Another neat thing is being that they used Banana/RCA plugs, you could technically extend the length of the rear speakers for an elongated or odd shaped room. While I wouldn't use their modest 75 watt (150 watt peak) output power for a home theatre experience, they're definitely a great solution to pump tunes off my back deck and well into the park bordering my backyard (much to the neighbor's dismay) or to just jam out to whilst cooking indoors.

All said and heard, my friend owns an older Altec "Comes with New PC" Lansing 5.1 set from early 2000's that sounds very comparable to what Logitech offers here, and Boston Acoustics has a couple sets that aren't too bad either. But for $80-$120 Logitech's set is worth the dough for pretty much any regular use.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

• 4 weeks later...

I think you have a defective pair, because the set at my store definitely continue to get louder past 12 oclock. I personally own the X-540's from 2006 and while there's definitely better sound out there, I wouldn't trade them away unless something in their price range came along that really WOW'd me.

The z506's function the same way as my X-540's, and really do sound great for all music types, from electronic to country to good old rock and roll and reggae. The only time I get clipping is dialing past 75% volume whilst listening to high-range piano or string notes, but then again, not many analogue speakers with mid range quality magnets can achieve better. (that I'm aware of)

Volume knob is smooth as silk, and contrary to logical thought, actually sound better when turned up between 50-80% volume. If you search the web, you'll find that many people actually set their computer down around 20-30% volume, and either max out or 70% their speakers volume knob, as the amplifier in the circuitry of Logitech's 5.1 systems does a better job than integrated audio cards.

Another neat thing is being that they used Banana/RCA plugs, you could technically extend the length of the rear speakers for an elongated or odd shaped room. While I wouldn't use their modest 75 watt (150 watt peak) output power for a home theatre experience, they're definitely a great solution to pump tunes off my back deck and well into the park bordering my backyard (much to the neighbor's dismay) or to just jam out to whilst cooking indoors.

All said and heard, my friend owns an older Altec "Comes with New PC" Lansing 5.1 set from early 2000's that sounds very comparable to what Logitech offers here, and Boston Acoustics has a couple sets that aren't too bad either. But for $80-$120 Logitech's set is worth the dough for pretty much any regular use.

that is definetly a possibility i replaced them with the corsair sp2500 which is pricy i hit them during a $20 rebate so i got got them for $210 if you consider the rebate there is tax and shipping although the tax was based on the $230 price but they are amazing speakers but the price is steep and why go surround when i couldnt use them in surround positiong anymore my dad wouldnt let me so i got a good quality stero setup it has the av pluging in fact thats what then include in the box although im using the goldplated av to 3.5mm that came with my soundcard

• 6 months later...

Ive had these speakers for quite awhile and love them, only issue is with constant use they no longer work :( 

The only problem is it always thinks the headphones are plugged in and I'm sure the one part can be replaced 
:

I've got the Z-623's and it does wonders for Electronic Music and Bass Music. I do miss my old Z-5500, that was one set that would tear the house down.

| Specs: Red = New | CPU: AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.2ghz | MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | RAM: G-Skill 16GB DDR3 SDRAM | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti | CASE: Antec 1200 Full Tower | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 Black/Red Cherry MX Red's | MOUSE: Corsair Raptor M40 | 

I've got the Z-623's and it does wonders for Electronic Music and Bass Music. I do miss my old Z-5500, that was one set that would tear the house down.

The Z-5500 speakers, was and still are there best 5.1 system around the $400 mark. i so wish Logitech still sold it.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

The Z-5500 speakers, was and still are there best 5.1 system around the $400 mark. i so wish Logitech still sold it.

Yeah I still have mine, except the sub blew, and then it got thrown away. So I'm in search of a sub for it. 

| Specs: Red = New | CPU: AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.2ghz | MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | RAM: G-Skill 16GB DDR3 SDRAM | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti | CASE: Antec 1200 Full Tower | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 Black/Red Cherry MX Red's | MOUSE: Corsair Raptor M40 | 

Yeah I still have mine, except the sub blew, and then it got thrown away. So I'm in search of a sub for it. 

Awe man that sucks :( yeah, mine still seating in the closet, haven't really found a good use for it for a couple of years but I'm trying to find away to impalement it into my kitchen so it does not go to complete waste.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "