HP Pavilion Gaming 15 series confusement

martobs
Go to solution Solved by SorcierX,

It appears like there are 3 options:

15.6" FHD IPS

15.6" FHD 144Hz IPS

15.6" 4K IPS

--- if you select 144Hz - there is only 1 brand they use - So regardless their 144Hz panels will all look relatively the same.

-- will that have perfect color range? who knows, look for a review and that will give you a general idea of what to expect. However, 144Hz is 144Hz ( if it's not than it's false advertising ) ... if you've never had a 144Hz IPS panel before you probably won't notice if something is wrong with it, but, if you use a 144Hz for 6 months then go back to 60Hz you'll notice the difference (at least while gaming) ..

Different laptop makers have different suppliers for displays, some might use the same suppliers, others may not.

There are laptops of this series with 60hz and 144hz screens, and of course different other specs. From what ive learned the 144hz screens are generally better, but are there differences ( as in are there worse and better 144hz screens that they use in these laptops, differences in SRGb for instance) or do they all use the same AUO B156HAN08.2 (AUO82ED) panel ? Ive chosen one with an I5-8300H, GTX 1050 TI and it has one of the above mentioned 144hz screens.

It appears like there are 3 options:

15.6" FHD IPS

15.6" FHD 144Hz IPS

15.6" 4K IPS

--- if you select 144Hz - there is only 1 brand they use - So regardless their 144Hz panels will all look relatively the same.

-- will that have perfect color range? who knows, look for a review and that will give you a general idea of what to expect. However, 144Hz is 144Hz ( if it's not than it's false advertising ) ... if you've never had a 144Hz IPS panel before you probably won't notice if something is wrong with it, but, if you use a 144Hz for 6 months then go back to 60Hz you'll notice the difference (at least while gaming) ..

Different laptop makers have different suppliers for displays, some might use the same suppliers, others may not.

AsRock X99 Taichi MB // Intel Core i7-6800k Overclocked @ 4.0GHZ // Noctua NH-U14S Cooler // Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 // EVGA GeForce 980Ti SC+ // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD // 2TB WD Gold HDD // Corsair RM850 PSU // Corsair Obsidian Series 750D // Asus VG248QE 144Hz

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 // Intel Core i5-3570k Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ // Noctua NH-L9x65 Cooler // Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 // EVGA GeForce 960 // 250 GB WD Blue HDD // EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80+ GOLD // Corsair Carbide Series 100R

9 hours ago, martobs said:

There are laptops of this series with 60hz and 144hz screens, and of course different other specs. From what ive learned the 144hz screens are generally better, but are there differences ( as in are there worse and better 144hz screens that they use in these laptops, differences in SRGb for instance) or do they all use the same AUO B156HAN08.2 (AUO82ED) panel ? Ive chosen one with an I5-8300H, GTX 1050 TI and it has one of the above mentioned 144hz screens.

in all reviews the 144hz screen gets praise for being color accurate , so i guess thats the laptop ill bw getting

10 hours ago, martobs said:

From what ive learned the 144hz screens are generally better, but are there differences ( as in are there worse and better 144hz screens that they use in these laptops, differences in SRGb for instance) or do they all use the same AUO B156HAN08.2 (AUO82ED) panel ?

There are many 144Hz panels from various manufacturers out there...most 144Hz IPS panels have low response times. Again, display quality is kinda lottery...sometimes you get colour deviation even though it's the same panel (things like high sRGB is still the same, you won't suddenly get low sRGB)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

There are many 144Hz panels from various manufacturers out there...most 144Hz IPS panels have low response times. Again, display quality is kinda lottery...sometimes you get colour deviation even though it's the same panel (things like high sRGB is still the same, you won't suddenly get low sRGB)

Soo i guess i just have to hope to get a good one ?