Spotify "Data saver" can't be turned off.

Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
8 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Alright, this is a very, very weird situation. Had an exchange with support and, I have no idea if it's on their side or mine but, so far here's what's up:

They gave me a test account and, that worked just fine so they deleted my account and gave me a new one but, the issue is still there.

Now, when I turn the phone to landscape mode or turn on the fullscreen compatibility mode (16:9) it works fine.

I'll contact them again tomorrow and see where this goes.

If anyone can throw in any ideas as to what could be causing this, please feel free to do so.

Aloha! I'm actually a volunteer Community Rockstar over on the Spotify Community forums, and was able to locate a similar bug report with a user that has an OP6T running Android Pie. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Bug-Spotify-app-will-not-disable-Data-Saver-OnePlus-6T/td-p/4600392

I'd definitely take a look at this bug report, and copy/paste the same template from the original post into your own reply (changing out any hardware/software versions for your device / app specifically) so Spotify has more examples of this.

I have an OP5T running Android Pie as well but don't have the issue of Data Saver automagically enabling itself, even if I manually turn it on/off and rotate to landscape and back again to try to get it "stuck" so definitely seems to only happen in certain circumstances.

Ninja Edit: Try disabling car view, closing the app, then re-opening it; then see if you can toggle Data Saver. According to page 2 of the same thread above, this "workaround" seems to help some users. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Bug-Spotify-app-will-not-disable-Data-Saver-OnePlus-6T/td-p/4600392/page/2

Hey, I usually listen to Spotify in Offline mode on my Phone but, I just noticed that I cannot change the streaming quality from low because the "Data saver" option keeps enabling itself.

Has anyone had this issue? I've tried everything from reinstalling Spotify to disabling any and all data restrictions but, nothing seems to work.

It's using WiFi so, not sure why that option would be enabled at all.

If it matters I'm running version 8.4.90.722 of Spotify on a OnePlus 5T running Android 9.0.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Alright, this is a very, very weird situation. Had an exchange with support and, I have no idea if it's on their side or mine but, so far here's what's up:

They gave me a test account and, that worked just fine so they deleted my account and gave me a new one but, the issue is still there.

Now, when I turn the phone to landscape mode or turn on the fullscreen compatibility mode (16:9) it works fine.

If anyone can throw in any ideas as to what could be causing this, please feel free to do so.

8 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Aloha! I'm actually a volunteer Community Rockstar over on the Spotify Community forums, and was able to locate a similar bug report with a user that has an OP6T running Android Pie. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Bug-Spotify-app-will-not-disable-Data-Saver-OnePlus-6T/td-p/4600392

I'd definitely take a look at this bug report, and copy/paste the same template from the original post into your own reply (changing out any hardware/software versions for your device / app specifically) so Spotify has more examples of this.

I have an OP5T running Android Pie as well but don't have the issue of Data Saver automagically enabling itself, even if I manually turn it on/off and rotate to landscape and back again to try to get it "stuck" so definitely seems to only happen in certain circumstances.

Ninja Edit: Try disabling car view, closing the app, then re-opening it; then see if you can toggle Data Saver. According to page 2 of the same thread above, this "workaround" seems to help some users. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Bug-Spotify-app-will-not-disable-Data-Saver-OnePlus-6T/td-p/4600392/page/2

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

19 minutes ago, kirashi said:

-snip-

Seems like disabling Car view fixed the issue. I guess the test account they gave me earlier had that disabled and that's why it worked fine.

Thanks a lot! ❤️