PWM Fan splitters, what choices are out there?

Mainfold

What (good) PWM-fan splitters are out there? I know of a few, but most seem to be 3-pin, but have no 4-pin out for the fan-speed read-out.

So, what good options are there? I know the Swiftech PWM Splitter is supposed to be good, but there has to be more choices out there.

Scythe1.jpg

Note: NOT fan-controllers, with separate knobs to control the speed of fans.. but ones you connect to the motherboard (to configure speed with software).

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

As the utilizes 4-pin molex/SATA as input, that won't really have mobo-pwm control capabilities will it? (unless you use a "4-pin fan female -> 4-pin male molex" cable or something)

As the utilizes 4-pin molex/SATA as input, that won't really have mobo-pwm control capabilities will it? (unless you use a "4-pin fan female -> 4-pin male molex" cable or something)

If you're looking for something to utilize the PWM, you're looking at a simple cable splitter. Uses the fan header and splits off into normally 3/4 + a molex power or just the Swifftech one posted above. I swear I did see a really cool one the other day, I have it saved at home... I don't use these things because well I just let my fans roar @ full and I can't hear them/don't care about noise haha

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

If you're looking for something to utilize the PWM, you're looking at a simple cable splitter. Uses the fan header and splits off into normally 3/4 + a molex power.

..but, as many fans as possible with PWM, or at least one with a speed read-off, but all need to have streamlined speed-control

Surely there has to be more choices out there, that aren't just cables or 3-pin.

Keep in mind, that with all splitters/y-cables it is only possible to read out the fan speed of 1 PWM fan.

How many fans to you want to connect and how many fan headers does your motherboard have?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Keep in mind, that with all splitters/y-cables it is only possible to read out the fan speed of 1 PWM fan.

How many fans to you want to connect and how many fan headers does your motherboard have?

Well, you'd only need to monitor one fan, if you use the same fans across all plugs. But, there's a need for 6-8+

Well, you'd only need to monitor one fan, if you use the same fans across all plugs. But, there's a need for 6-8+

well then there is probably now way around the swiftech splitter or using multiple cables like the linked akasa (or use multiple fan headers on your mb)

hera a choice of cables:

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g47/c251/s1325/list/p1/Fan_Accessories-Fan_Cables-PWM_Cabling-Page1.html?o=title_az

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log