Scrapyard Wars Level Day

Went in the CIS closet as a challenge to find a decent board that could at least handle an Core i5 or better, which is difficult for us due to the fact all the spare PCs are Q6600 Quad cores or worse... either way I dug in the “Dead Board Bin” and found a working board and found a core i5 and I kinda want to laugh because it looks like something you would see in scrapyard wars...CA738795-A996-4D11-B3B4-62850FAA633D.thumb.jpeg.1aab77636b2cfbb6ed6aaa5ffff3cd73.jpeg

Isn't that one of the old Intel boards?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Just now, Quadriplegic said:

Isn't that one of the old Intel boards?

Yeah it is, but it can take an older Core i5 it’s a 3500 or something close to that I am not in the room currently... I’m on a tech run but it’s better than the Intel Q6600 that had 8 gigs DDR2 where this is rocking DDR3 16 gigs..

1 minute ago, UnidentifiedGold said:

Yeah it is, but it can take an older Core i5 it’s a 3500 or something close to that I am not in the room currently... I’m on a tech run but it’s better than the Intel Q6600 that had 8 gigs DDR2 where this is rocking DDR3 16 gigs..

Forgive the ignorance, but what is this "scrapyard wars" you speak of?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Forgive the ignorance, but what is this "scrapyard wars" you speak of?

Boi, you're on the LTT forum and you don't know about scrapyard wars?

nvm, u must be trolling.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Boi, you're on the LTT forum and you don't know about scrapyard wars?

nvm, u must be trolling.

I have been accused of being many things. A troll is not one of them.

For the record, I rarely watch the LTT videos, I find them occasionally useful, but most of the time cringe-worthy and tend to skip them.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

, I find them occasionally useful, but most of the time cringe-worthy and tend to skip them.

Aww man

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I have been accused of being many things. A troll is not one of them.

For the record, I rarely watch the LTT videos, I find them occasionally useful, but most of the time cringe-worthy and tend to skip them.

I have to say they have been a bit clickbaity lately. As have many of the channels i used to follow

17 minutes ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

I have to say they have been a bit clickbaity lately. As have many of the channels i used to follow

I have noticed this with a few other channels I watch on occasion. I'm guessing it's due to how revenue streams have been fiddled with by Youtube/Google.