System won't Power On (Plz Help!!)

Hey Folks,

While running CPU Z on my system I found that my RAM was operating on Single channel (8GBx2 DDR4 2400MHz Corsair Vengeance). When I looked at my new MoBo (Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro) I found that I installed it in DDR4_1 & DDR4_3 Slots which are aligned together. I looked up the manual and saw that for Dual Channel to work I should first make use of DDR4_1 & DDR4_2 slot (The DDR4_3 slot is in-between both). Well I powered off my system and unplugged the Power cable from the socket. I took off the RAM stick from DDR4_3 slot and inserted it in DDR4_2 slot.

My system didn't power on. It isn't powering on even if I use single stick in either slots. I used my old DDR4 RAM and it still didn't power on. I switched it off again and jumped my CLR_BIOS pins and it still didn't power on. I removed the Power Switch (PWR_SW) cable and jumped it using a screw driver and it still didn't work.

My case itself is pretty old (8Yrs) and I did use to have this problem in the past too. The exact same thing happened when I swapped my old RAM with the new ones. Back then I simply unplugged the Power Switch connectors and blew a little air in them to clean and replugged them back on and the system ran. This again happened when I replaced my GPU and by using the same method it ran then too.

I'm totally confused because now even jumping the MoBo manually isn't powering it on. I tried isolating the culprit by jumping manually to see if it was the Power Switch, Replacing RAM to see if it was RAM and now I think its my PSU (Seasonic 620W M12 Evo) I don't know how to find if PSU is at fault.

Any help or suggestions please. I saved a lot to build my rig and I got my B450 today itself. Here is my Rig

Ryzen 7 2700x using Wraith Prism
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB kit (8GBx2 2400MHz)
Seasonic 620W Modular M12 Evo PSU
Nvidia RTX 2080

Let me know if you need more details

WHat happens when you try to turn it on ?  Does it turn on and shut off or nothing happens when you press the power button ?  I believe your PSU is dead if nothing happens when you turn on system.  Do you see a motherboard light turned on ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

3 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

WHat happens when you try to turn it on ?  Does it turn on and shut off or nothing happens when you press the power button ?  I believe your PSU is dead if nothing happens when you turn on system.  Do you see a motherboard light turned on ?

There is no led specific light on my MoBo except the RGB lights.. Nothing turns on... Not even for any millisecond... Its like dead.

1 minute ago, MoNeY2TechTips said:

There is no led specific light on my MoBo except the RGB lights.. Nothing turns on... Not even for any millisecond... Its like dead.

For the heck of it try a different power cable.  I have seen this problem quite a few times and changing the power cable fixes it.  Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.  Then come back let us know what happened.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

check if the power cables that goes on the motherboard are properly attached, maybe you move one of those, the PSU won't turn on if the main power to the motherboard is loose.

14 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

For the heck of it try a different power cable.  I have seen this problem quite a few times and changing the power cable fixes it.  Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.  Then come back let us know what happened.

What I did was unplug the cable and replug it back in and it did spark a little which is quite obvious for it. Wouldn't that indicate that the cable is fine ? Just curious !!

15 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

switch on the back of the psu is on?

The plug is on. I did cycle it.. Does nothing

14 minutes ago, Danioki said:

check if the power cables that goes on the motherboard are properly attached, maybe you move one of those, the PSU won't turn on if the main power to the motherboard is loose.

I replugged both CPU and the ATX ones on both MoBo and PSU. But nothing !!

1 minute ago, MoNeY2TechTips said:

I replugged both CPU and the ATX ones on both MoBo and PSU. But nothing !!

disconnect the PSU and try to turn it on by hand, you have to bridge the green cable.

if the PSU does nothing go and buy a new one :(

21 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

switch on the back of the psu is on?

my first thought when I started reading OP post.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

8 minutes ago, MoNeY2TechTips said:

What I did was unplug the cable and replug it back in and it did spark a little which is quite obvious for it. Wouldn't that indicate that the cable is fine ? Just curious !!

Ok, we troubleshooted enough.  For sure the PSU is dead period!  Can you RMA it and buy something temporary from Fry's or Best Buy or something.

25 minutes ago, Danioki said:

disconnect the PSU and try to turn it on by hand, you have to bridge the green cable.

if the PSU does nothing go and buy a new one :(

How do I turn it on by hand ? I don't want to turn into Shazam (LoL)

26 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

my first thought when I started reading OP post.

uhhh......okay I guess

23 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Ok, we troubleshooted enough.  For sure the PSU is dead period!  Can you RMA it and buy something temporary from Fry's or Best Buy or something.

Let me get it checked !! Thanks brother ✌️

13 minutes ago, Danioki said:

I'd like to love my life more after seeing this link. No hard feelings but I'm a little chicken when it comes to doing that level electric things.... Appreciate the help brother ?

21 minutes ago, MoNeY2TechTips said:

I'd like to love my life more after seeing this link. No hard feelings but I'm a little chicken when it comes to doing that level electric things.... Appreciate the help brother ?

there is no electricity involved, just a sense wire, I've done it plenty, even w/ paperclips

Systems:

Main Gaming:                                                        Windows XP:

Ryzen 5 2600                                                               Intel Pentium 3

Asus RX 580 OC                                                     1GB DDR2

Patriot Viper DDR4 8GB                                         Asus Motherboard

Asus ROG B450-I                                                   Dell 300W

Corsair CX 450                                                       ATI Rage 128 Fury Pro

FreeNAS Server:                                                   Windows 98/95 duel boot:

I5 3400k                                                                  Pentium Pro

Patriot DDR3 8GB                                                  HP Vectra motherboard 

Gigabyte Ultra Durable                                           500MB RAM

Rosewill Glacier 600W                                           Soundblaster 16

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

AMD Phenom x4 850                                          Key:

Kukete A78                                                          Motherboard

Kingston 4GB DDR3                                            Memory

Dell 500W                                                            Power Supply

Graphics Card

Other Gaming:                                                    Sound Card

Ryzen 5 2600                                                       Processor

Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

37 minutes ago, MoNeY2TechTips said:

It is little risk involved, but if you don't feel confortable doing it just send it back for warranty. :)