Can Sennheiser HD 4.40BT be used to play games on PC

Go to solution Solved by corrado33,
1 hour ago, Wolfgang_Rush said:

I have HD 4.40BT Headphones which I need to use to play Online Games like 

PUBG

The Division

I got this one single wire of 3.5mm to connect to the desktop through headphones.

The 3.5mm jack for the microphone is also there

but I have a question.

Will Microphone of my headphones work if I just connect it to headphone jack...

or the only way to connect is through Bluetooth...

please help

Yeah the microphone input is not used when the aux cable is plugged in. What you COULD do, however, is get one of these...

https://www.amazon.ca/Geekria-Replacement-Skullcandy-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B06Y4XNK8L/ref=asc_df_B06Y4XNK8L/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292991875355&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16687005210314004045&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001313&hvtargid=pla-466860114891&psc=1

51L-V5NqaAL._SL1100_.jpg

then get one of these

https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_1065964.html?wid=1433363&currency=CAD&vip=4453483&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq8y5hbmD4AIVYh6tBh3LqgA2EAQYASABEgJfvfD_BwE

PC_Audio_Split_Adapter_3538_Zu.jpg

and plug both ends into their respective ports on the computer. 

Or just use bluetooth. But bluetooth does have a tiny bit of audio lag. 

PUBG

The Division

I got this one single wire of 3.5mm to connect to the desktop through headphones.

but I have a question.

please help

Just now, Wolfgang_Rush said:

PUBG

The Division

but I have a question.

please help

If there are two wires coming from the headphones, you'll need to connect both to use the mic. AFAIK every motherboard has an input for both so you should be able to do this. If you connect via Bluetooth both should work as well, but that means your pc also needs to support Bluetooth.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 minute ago, martward said:

If there are two wires coming from the headphones, you'll need to connect both to use the mic. AFAIK every motherboard has an input for both so you should be able to do this. If you connect via Bluetooth both should work as well, but that means your pc also needs to support Bluetooth.

there is only one wire ... It's a Bluetooth headphone but I also got a single wire which connects to the laptop ... which have single port... my question is... will the microphone work if I just connect to Headphone jack... because I do not have another wire 

11 minutes ago, Wolfgang_Rush said:

there is only one wire ... It's a Bluetooth headphone but I also got a single wire which connects to the laptop ... which have single port... my question is... will the microphone work if I just connect to Headphone jack... because I do not have another wire 

Well why don't you try it to see if it works? If it doesn't work(which is most probable) buy a bluetooth dongle to be able to use the mic.

I am using the same headphones and they just wouldn't work right through bluetooth either the audio quality deteriorates or the mic stops working, what I would suggest is using the headphones as such with an external mic, either a desktop one or the modmic if you can get it working right (I have to use a USB soundcard for my modmic.)

In answer to your question, the wire does not carry the mic signal.

PC:

CPU:  Intel Core i7 10700k (Currently at 4.7Ghz All Cores) | Motherboard: AsRock Z490 Extreme 4  | RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA | Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36 | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P600S  | PSU: Corsair RM850X | Storage: 512GB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD, 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Peripherals:

Monitors: Acer XV272UP, 2x Acer KG221Q, HTC Vive Headset  | Keyboard: AFXMK0217 | Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 | Sound: Logitech Z313, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 OHM (Studio) |

Other Inputs:  Saitek X52 Hotas, Steam Controller, XBox One Controller, Valve Index Controllers

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

PC gamer and Hobbyist Electrical Engineer and Full Time Product Engineer

1 hour ago, Wolfgang_Rush said:

PUBG

The Division

but I have a question.

please help

Yeah the microphone input is not used when the aux cable is plugged in. What you COULD do, however, is get one of these...

https://www.amazon.ca/Geekria-Replacement-Skullcandy-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B06Y4XNK8L/ref=asc_df_B06Y4XNK8L/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292991875355&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16687005210314004045&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001313&hvtargid=pla-466860114891&psc=1

51L-V5NqaAL._SL1100_.jpg

then get one of these

https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_1065964.html?wid=1433363&currency=CAD&vip=4453483&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq8y5hbmD4AIVYh6tBh3LqgA2EAQYASABEgJfvfD_BwE

PC_Audio_Split_Adapter_3538_Zu.jpg

and plug both ends into their respective ports on the computer. 

Or just use bluetooth. But bluetooth does have a tiny bit of audio lag. 

4 hours ago, Wolfgang_Rush said:

Ah okay I misunderstood. If there is a single wire then it depends on your laptop. The jack on my laptop for example is used for both the audio as the mic, so when I plug in my IEMs I can use the earpieces as well as the mic that is attached to them (basically the same situation as on every smartphone). 

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B