Random freezing of the PC

Domek

Hello,

I have the following problem: My PC randomly freezes from time to time (recently more often, up to every 5-10s). During the freeze display works properly, but my mouse and keyboard don't (although it seems that PC "remembers" the key that were last pressed and keeps them so). In-game the game keeps running, I just can't do anything , on desktop mouse appears as if it was just lagging. Also youtube videos freeze (sound plays correctly). The freezes usually last 5-15 seconds.

Specs:

-ASRock B450 Fatal1ty mobo

-Ryzen 7 2700X (stock cooler)

-Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme Edition

-2x8gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz CL16 (running at 2666MHz @ 1,35V)

-Adata SU800 510GB as boot drive

-SeaGate Barracuda 2TB 

-Corsair RM750x 

-Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-05

Software - I'm running Windows 10 Education N x64, both OS and drivers are up to date

Any help is welcome, cheers

EDIT: Neither full antivirus scan nor windows reinstall helped permanently. There is a strange occurrence though, as the problem seemed to disappear for a short period of time both after reinstalling origin and windows, only to return after a 1-2 hour period of PC usage.

21 minutes ago, Domek said:

Hello,

I have the following problem: My PC randomly freezes from time to time (recently more often, up to every 5-10s). During the freeze display works properly, but my mouse and keyboard don't (although it seems that PC "remembers" the key that were last pressed and keeps them so). In-game the game keeps running, I just can't do anything , on desktop mouse appears as if it was just lagging. Also youtube videos freeze (sound plays correctly). The freezes usually last 5-15 seconds.

Specs:

-ASRock B450 Fatal1ty mobo

-Ryzen 7 2700X (stock cooler)

-Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme Edition

-2x8gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz CL16 (running at 2666MHz @ 1,35V)

-Adata SU800 510GB as boot drive

-SeaGate Barracuda 2TB 

-Corsair RM750x 

-Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-05

Software - I'm running Windows 10 Education N x64, both OS and drivers are up to date

Any help is welcome, cheers

any reason why you are using windows 10 education? this has happened to me, my fix was reinstalling windows 10.

2 minutes ago, alarmingtugboat97 said:

any reason why you are using windows 10 education? this has happened to me, my fix was reinstalling windows 10.

I have my windows from my university and as I've read Education version has more features, I'll get this one since I have access to it.

If nothing else helps, I'll reinstall my OS, though I'd rather not do it if possible ;)

1 minute ago, Domek said:

I have my windows from my university and as I've read Education version has more features, I'll get this one since I have access to it.

If nothing else helps, I'll reinstall my OS, though I'd rather not do it if possible ;)

have you maybe ran a virus scan? (antimalwarebytes) is the best in my opinon :). I use windows 10 LTSC it doesnt really come with much. your not having ram issues i am sure, id try a virus scan just to make sure.

3 minutes ago, alarmingtugboat97 said:

have you maybe ran a virus scan? (antimalwarebytes) is the best in my opinon :). I use windows 10 LTSC it doesnt really come with much. your not having ram issues i am sure, id try a virus scan just to make sure.

I'm running Norton, so I believe virus shouldn't be the problem. Nonetheless, I'll do the full scan just to make sure. 

Thanks!