Library mechanical drive acceleration

Dekenizer

I was looking to make a setup on my PC: M2 as boot drive and secondary hdd to put crap, plus games library... Right now my game loads on the M2 and instant load is awesome!!!  So I was looking at an optane to boost my 2T hdd so I could still get awesome load time....

But the down fall: optane is only for the BOOT drive!?!?!?!?  Cr!@#$!@#$!@$ de cal#%?@%$@5@%$ de tab$%@$%$@5!@$%?@$K

Is there anything else that caches secondary mechanical hdd?

A regular SSD and some free software.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Good  question. I may need something like that for my next build. 2T hdd as game drive

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

A regular SSD and some free software.

What software does that ? any hints?

What motherboard do you have? 

if you have a 4xx series AMD board right now, you get free access to "StoreMI" which will do what you want with tiered storage to accelerate commonly used programs.

I haven't tried it myself, but a few friends who have say it works fairly well.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

2 hours ago, Dekenizer said:

What software does that ? any hints?

Linus made a whole video on optane an its alternatives.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Linus made a whole video on optane an its alternatives.

Cool thanks I'll check that out!!!!

Well well well.... Guess I was miss informed!!! You CAN cache a seconde drive according to this!! You just need to have a 300 series!!! My i5-9600K will do fine!!! Youptidoo!!!!

Now I have to find the how to!!!