Game Stuttering after afternarket fan install

MrBooceBooce

So, as the title implys, after installing an arctic accelero twin turbo ii on my rx 480, my temps have sky rocket and my games start stuttering even with 60+ fps. i have no clue why and i hope im sure i installed everything right. plz help much better pc users. thanks for reading, take care

EDIT: i forgot that one of the small heatsinks fell off and i was running the gpu without it for 12 hours more or less both under load and idle. i dont know what part it was but if that couldve affected it please let me know

Edited by MrBooceBooce

this is what the gpu looks like w/o fan, if im missing a heat sink somewhere please let me know

15481134186681052458897.jpg

8 minutes ago, MrBooceBooce said:

this is what the gpu looks like w/o fan, if im missing a heat sink somewhere please let me know

-snip-

From this picture, my first thought was that it's more likely that you had inadequate mounting pressure on your GPU die, that layer of thermal paste looks much too thick to have been properly squished out under adequate pressure.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

13 minutes ago, Semper said:

From this picture, my first thought was that it's more likely that you had inadequate mounting pressure on your GPU die, that layer of thermal paste looks much too thick to have been properly squished out under adequate pressure.

thank you, ill reinstall and see if that helps, i didnt want to overtighten and break the die

24 minutes ago, MrBooceBooce said:

thank you, ill reinstall and see if that helps, i didnt want to overtighten and break the die

You don't want to try and push the die through the PCB with the cooler pressure, but you want as little TIM as possible between the cooler and the die. The TIM is there to fill the microscopic irregularities that are always going to be present no matter how much you lap a surface.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB