Monitor Suggestion...

TopHatProductions115

Okay, I've decided to consider adding a new monitor on to the next workstation project (assuming that everything else goes right). I'm comparing my current monitor (MSI Optix MAG24C) to alternatives/replacements that will be in the running. The first one is a value option: 

Since I'm okay with 4K @60FPS, that won't be an important aspect. If it's 1440p, I'll take 120Hz (minimum). And I can care less for built-in speakers - I have a sound card and dedicated speakers for a reason. I'm looking at colour accuracy/space, contrast/brightness, HDR certification, VESA compatibility, and other content creator oriented specifications (since I do video editing from time to time). The only gamer-oriented feature that I really care about in this case is response time, so don't start talking about RGB here - I can do without it. Bezels, I care not - the size of those won't bother me if I'm getting more than 25 inches of screen diagonal. Also, I don't care about FreeSync or GSync. Just want a decent panel with good calibration options to boot. If you can, keep it under 300 USD - I won't buy a display that's more costly than my GPU. With that, I am open to any suggestions within these bounds...

i thought this might be tough to find , but in terms of color accuracy(10 bit) & 4k  there is literally only a few right now in the market, but it is expensive,  DELL & ASUS the usual major retailer who push product in this category  both use panel from LG , just the OSD & very few features differs you can do a manual search on your areas microsite & see if there are any offers applying to you locally , Samsung uses their own panel but am not familiar with their product in this category , next to that is ACER , HP omen is a bit flashy also bit priced at top.

Do remember Dell literally abandons you after the warranty is over , like completely shuts you off from any repair outside of it , doesn't matter if you have a mediocre monitor or super 4kstudio grade monitor .  read a lot of horror stories on their consumer cut off after warranty getting stuck with an expensive faulty product that costed them too much that cant be repaired. ASUS might offer a solution compared to this. so keep that in mind.

Details separate people.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I may revisit this in a few months, seeing that I've made some changes to my requirements. I want to avoid resolutions that aren't of the same aspect ratio as true 1080p, so that knocks 1440p out of future considerations sadly. 4K is still on the table, though.

When I say 4K resolution, I mean the non-cinematic resolution that is exactly 4x 1080p.