Acer X223W monitor has Blue Power Light Flashing and Sometimes Blinks Acer Logo

FireEagle244

My Father and I went and got 25 monitors for 50 dollars not knowing if they all would work. I found one that I wanted and hoped that It would work but it seems to blink on and off. I think It may be fixable because the Acer logo pops up and the computer Identifies it by its name, also the light on the power button blinks so It gets power at least some of the time. (Have also seen other people having this same problem.)

25 minutes ago, FireEagle244 said:

My Father and I went and got 25 monitors for 50 dollars not knowing if they all would work. I found one that I wanted and hoped that It would work but it seems to blink on and off. I think It may be fixable because the Acer logo pops up and the computer Identifies it by its name, also the light on the power button blinks so It gets power at least some of the time. (Have also seen other people having this same problem.)

Probably bad capacitors.

If you are comfortable taking it apart, the problem should be obvious (google image search bad capacitor if you don't know what they look like)

de-solder the bad one, find *an exact duplicate* from a local electronics store, re-solder.

Done it many times 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Probably bad capacitors.

If you are comfortable taking it apart, the problem should be obvious (google image search bad capacitor if you don't know what they look like)

de-solder the bad one, find *an exact duplicate* from a local electronics store, re-solder.

Done it many times 

thanks, now the hard part of taking it apart. Why can't they just have screws

2 minutes ago, FireEagle244 said:

thanks, now the hard part of taking it apart. Why can't they just have screws

Because companies don't want you to repair it yourself, they want you to send it back to them for repair, or better yet, buy a new one from them.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Because companies don't want you to repair it yourself, they want you to send it back to them for repair, or better yet, buy a new one from them.

yea, true. for 2 dollars it would be nice to get it working

2 minutes ago, FireEagle244 said:

yea, true. for 2 dollars it would be nice to get it working

The last few monitors I repaired took perhaps an hour of careful disassembly and .50 cents worth of caps. Yeah, they are that cheap...if you have some bad ones, bring those to an electronics shop and ask for identical ones. Piece of cake...