Cooler i7 7700k

L4SeR

Hi there! I want to upgrade from my i5 7600k to an i7 7700k. I now have the Bequiet pure rock 150w as the cpu cooler. will this be enough for the 7700k? because I have seen a lot of people complaining about the temps of the cpu. I have a limited budget thats why i won't upgrade to a 8th gen cpu.

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, L4SeR said:

Hi there! I want to upgrade from my i5 7600k to an i7 7700k. I now have the Bequiet pure rock 150w as the cpu cooler. will this be enough for the 7700k? because I have seen a lot of people complaining about the temps of the cpu. I have a limited budget thats why i won't upgrade to a 8th gen cpu.

Thanks in advance!

yes it will be more than enough

You should be able to overclock a little. What's your current clock speed? 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Its hot chip, but so is everything Intel after Ivy. Pure Rock is better budget cooler, but well capable. Even for OC. You can always control voltages which are one of main reasons why latest Intel chips appear so hot for normies.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv