Help with headphone choosing

DigitalPunch

I've been looking for a new headphones for a while and im not really much experienced with them so im asking what would you guys recommenced.

Ill listen to 

Gaming, music (one and a while), and occasionally watch videos.

cpu:i5-4670k | Ram: 16gb | Case:Nzxt phantom 520 | Psu: corsair tx850 gold

mobo: Asus hero | Gpu: evga 780 | Storage: seagate 2tb/smamsung evo 240gb

Sound: Corsair 2100 / Mouse: Corsair m65 mouse / Keyboard: Corsair k70 / Display Vizio 23inch hdtv (changing soon)

Budget, and what kinds of music do you listen to? Where are you buying from?

Spoiler

Also ive been looking at steel series Siberia elites head sets and im wondering if they'll be good as well? or if i could get a better headphone.

Sound: Corsair 2100 / Mouse: Corsair m65 mouse / Keyboard: Corsair k70 / Display Vizio 23inch hdtv (changing soon)

Budget, and what kinds of music do you listen to? Where are you buying 

$200, pretty much all (dont really listen to much), U.s

What is your motherboard? DO you have an AMP, DAC or soundcard? Do you prefer open or closed?

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

$200, pretty much all (dont really listen to much), U.s

DT 990 Pro and Fiio E10.

Quote me to get a reply!

Also ive been looking at steel series Siberia elites head sets and im wondering if they'll be good as well? or if i could get a better headphone.

Dedicated headphone and mic would give you a much better experience for the same price. Do you want open or closed headphones? Open give more sound stage for better positional accuracy but leaks sound. Typically open is recommended for gaming if you do not mind the sound leak. Also we need to know where you live and a budget. 

Edit: Also you mentioned headsets but did not say you needed a mic. To clarify, do you need a mic?

What is your motherboard? DO you have an AMP, DAC or soundcard? Do you prefer open or closed?

I have an Asus hero, I dont have any of them, don't know which is better.

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Thanks for the video. Open back headphones look interesting and the positional sound makes it appealing as well.

Have any recommendations on any?

Thanks for the video. Open back headphones look interesting and the positional sound makes it appealing as well.

genre of music?

Error: 410

genre of music?

I dont listen to specific music i listen to all types of music. These headphones will be mainly for gaming. But I do occasionally listen to music.

Beyerdynamic DT990's. They're awesome. 

But will the new Audio technica (just saw the) be good for gaming since there audiophile gaming headsets?

Beyerdynamic DT990's. They're awesome. 

These do look like interesting headphones though. I just might get these and the reviews on it seems to be grade A.

at least a z77?

cause then u dont need an ampor anything else

beyerdynamic custom one pros are worth looking into i do all the things u want with them and they are awesome