help me choose a gaming monitor

Geraltofrivia

Whats up guys so recently i saw that  Acer XZ271 is getting a g-sync support and is currently on a sale where i live so what do you guys think about this monitor.

The other monitor i liked is the ASUS VG279Q but its not out yet and i have no idea how much it will cost or when it will be even available or if it will even have g-sync support.

I would like to get a new monitor as soon as possible cuz my current one is complete garbage and everytime even when im doing some work(since im engineering student i do alot of programming,reading and work with alot of different software) my eyes either fatigue super fast or i just get a horrible headache,so thats why i want my monitor to be flicker free/low blue light and im not usre if i can wait for the ASUS VG279Q.

I'm also currently looking at monitors, i think imma go with a Asus VG278QR, 165hz, 0.5ms (gtg min) 27"
You might wanna take a look at that one, it's about 400$ here

6 minutes ago, Crunken said:

I'm also currently looking at monitors, i think imma go with a Asus VG278QR, 165hz, 0.5ms (gtg min) 27"
You might wanna take a look at that one, it's about 400$ here

yeah that was actually my 3rd option but im not sure about the TN panel cuz my current monitor(super crappy like i mentioned) is TN too,ofc i know not all TN panels are alike but still im not sure about it.

35 minutes ago, Geraltofrivia said:

yeah that was actually my 3rd option but im not sure about the TN panel cuz my current monitor(super crappy like i mentioned) is TN too,ofc i know not all TN panels are alike but still im not sure about it.

Depends a bit on your budget and what you're going to use the monitor for, you don't need high hz except for gaming, so if you're not planning on gaming as much you should look at some other monitors that are flicker free and have blue light reduction modes

19 minutes ago, Crunken said:

Depends a bit on your budget and what you're going to use the monitor for, you don't need high hz except for gaming, so if you're not planning on gaming as much you should look at some other monitors that are flicker free and have blue light reduction modes

144hz is the 1st thing i want.Yeah i do some work but i also want it for gaming.Thats why i was aiming for the 1st two monitors i mentioned i have i5 6500 and gtx 1060 and i dont think i can push alot of frames in 2k

The ASUS VG279Q is available here for me at least, 27" 1080p 144hz 1ms gtg with IPS, for $444. that's a pretty good deal if you need IPS, i have a TN and an IPS right now and there is some color difference, but it's not a big of a difference as you'd imagine. Unless you're doing super color sensitive work it doesn't really matter imo

6 hours ago, Crunken said:

The ASUS VG279Q is available here for me at least, 27" 1080p 144hz 1ms gtg with IPS, for $444. that's a pretty good deal if you need IPS, i have a TN and an IPS right now and there is some color difference, but it's not a big of a difference as you'd imagine. Unless you're doing super color sensitive work it doesn't really matter imo

hmm tnx bro ill wait for this monitor to see how much it costs then ill decide i may pick the one you suggested

7 hours ago, Geraltofrivia said:

hmm tnx bro ill wait for this monitor to see how much it costs then ill decide i may pick the one you suggested

Can you wait it out a little, as the year has just started and prices of monitors are really high.  If you can wait until spring I bet you that you can get a better monitor for a lower price.

If you are in a hurry then grab the Asus and enjoy the amazing smooth silky experience.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

On 1/19/2019 at 5:25 AM, Crunken said:

It's not 1ms gtg it's 1ms mprt it's 3ms gtg. I have the monitor and it's freaking amazing haha

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB  SSD: 500GB NVME 

On 1/19/2019 at 2:27 AM, Geraltofrivia said:

Whats up guys so recently i saw that  Acer XZ271 is getting a g-sync support and is currently on a sale where i live so what do you guys think about this monitor.

The other monitor i liked is the ASUS VG279Q but its not out yet and i have no idea how much it will cost or when it will be even available or if it will even have g-sync support.

I would like to get a new monitor as soon as possible cuz my current one is complete garbage and everytime even when im doing some work(since im engineering student i do alot of programming,reading and work with alot of different software) my eyes either fatigue super fast or i just get a horrible headache,so thats why i want my monitor to be flicker free/low blue light and im not usre if i can wait for the ASUS VG279Q.

@Geraltofrivia get the Asus VG279Q I have it and it's amazing shoot me a message if you want to know anything about it. There is literally nothing about it online

On 1/21/2019 at 2:33 AM, magicammo said:

@Geraltofrivia get the Asus VG279Q I have it and it's amazing shoot me a message if you want to know anything about it. There is literally nothing about it online

tnx man i have only one question is it really a 1ms IPS?

1 hour ago, Geraltofrivia said:

tnx man i have only one question is it really a 1ms IPS?

It's 1ms mrpt and 3ms gtg. This monitor is an upgrade to my BenQ 27in 1440p IPS display that had a 4 millisecond response time and I don't see any ghosting or anything that should drive you away from the monitor

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 10:24 PM, magicammo said:

It's 1ms mrpt and 3ms gtg. This monitor is an upgrade to my BenQ 27in 1440p IPS display that had a 4 millisecond response time and I don't see any ghosting or anything that should drive you away from the monitor

hey again man can i ask you just one more thing how do you feel the monitor on your eyes does it make you tired or is it giving you headaches when you use it a lot

On 2/1/2019 at 6:34 AM, Geraltofrivia said:

hey again man can i ask you just one more thing how do you feel the monitor on your eyes does it make you tired or is it giving you headaches when you use it a lot

@Geraltofrivia I use it about 6 hours a day split up of course and no eye strain or headaches I love this monitor haha

6 hours ago, magicammo said:

@Geraltofrivia I use it about 6 hours a day split up of course and no eye strain or headaches I love this monitor haha

awesome man so i think that will be my go to monitor haha now ill just wait for it to appear in my stores

One thing to consider is how fast your rig can spit out frames. Spending hundreds on fast response times and refresh rates may be a waste
if your comp can't push past 60 fps. If your CPU is going to struggle with framerates, you'll want to prioritze freesync/g-sync 
so the low framerates are delivered smoothly, rather than getting a monitor which has a refresh rate faster than what your comp is
capable of delivering.

You seem to understand your limits on the resolution side, this is just another limit people forget to consider.

FWIW
I have 3x curved 27" Samsung CF398 IPS monitors which can overclock to 72 hz, look great, have Freesync (which now works with NVIDIA cards),
and eye strain reduction mode (I game and do CAD for hours on mine with no issues).
Plus they are only $200 each. So you can buy two (More = Better!)

Just my $0.02, good luck!

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

On 2/3/2019 at 11:43 PM, Geraltofrivia said:

awesome man so i think that will be my go to monitor haha now ill just wait for it to appear in my stores

If you live in the states I'd buy it online from b&h photo they don't have taxes aleast if you resident in California they don't I'm not sure about the other states. So I got mine for 330 dollars no tax