XBOX 360 Upgrading

Unkindness

I have built me first PC but still use a Xbox 360 for games I physically have. It's an arcade system so needless to say it's getting old and tired.

So the question is, has anyone got any experance upgrading these? How much is upgradeable? Any recommendations?

The cooling fans are noisy and storage is painfully low so would like to repaste the CPU and GPU coolers, new fans and new HDD so would like to do these if possible.

Not looking to spend mad money so budget is about $100.

Cheers

CPU: Intel i-9 9900KF
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
RAM: G.Skill 32GB 3200MHz Sniper X
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2060
Case: Fractual Design Define S
Storage: Intel 760p 265GB SSD x2, Intel 760p 1TB SSD
PSU: Aerocool Project 7 650W
Display: ASUS VG278QR
Cooling: Noctua D-15S

Sound: ASUS Strix Soar

you can add a harddrive (I believe they were novelty WD ones, iirc 2.5 WD Blue drives were necessary) when it comes to cooling, if it aint overheating (I mean its shutting down) I wouldnt recommend disassembling an X360. You cant play games from external harddrives, atleast without hardware modification to your xbox

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

24 minutes ago, Levent said:

You cant play games from external harddrives, atleast without hardware modification to your xbox

External hard drives can be used in the same way the internal drive is used, without any modification. You have to format the drive for specific use, so same drive can't be used to store both general media and games, but that's pretty much the only limitation that applies to the internal drive just as much.

IIRC this is the guide I used when I upgraded my internal drive. Be sure to read it through before taking any action, it's a little more involved than just throwing in a new drive. Retaining backward compatibility seems to be the hardest part.

As for cooling, if your 360 is an early phat model, you could swap fans and expanded heatsinks from a later phat model. S and E models don't really need any upgrades or particular maintenance, just keep them clean.

Cheers!

CPU: Intel i-9 9900KF
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
RAM: G.Skill 32GB 3200MHz Sniper X
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2060
Case: Fractual Design Define S
Storage: Intel 760p 265GB SSD x2, Intel 760p 1TB SSD
PSU: Aerocool Project 7 650W
Display: ASUS VG278QR
Cooling: Noctua D-15S

Sound: ASUS Strix Soar