can't delete windows 7 files

N0Va909
Go to solution Solved by homeap5,

You must set permissions. And take ownership first. You may find probably some tools to automate process.

i have a Toshiba laptop 

2GB ram

Intel 3000 g card

core i3  

you know low end tech all around  :)

and some a$$hat installed windows 7 on 'local disk 'E' ' not on c oh no on E ....long story short i reinstalled windows 7 32x on :C    but i can't remove old windows files (windows,Program Files and Program-data ) i've  tried every deleting with and without admin privileges didn't work just says the usual stuff ...access denied.

please help :,(

Dwm 2019-01-18 23-52-04-77.jpg

Is it two drives in the system? Or just one with two partitions? Try going into Disk Management and delete the E partition, then you should be able to "merge" it with the C partition, back into one whole drive.

You must set permissions. And take ownership first. You may find probably some tools to automate process.

If it's a separate drive, you can pull everything you want to keep on the E drive, over to the D or C drive. Re-Format the drive and move everything back

12 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

but should i ?

512 GB of storage only about 10 GB  free :

5 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

If it's a separate drive, you can pull everything you want to keep on the E drive, over to the D or C drive. Re-Format the drive and move everything back

(

17 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Is it two drives in the system? Or just one with two partitions? Try going into Disk Management and delete the E partition, then you should be able to "merge" it with the C partition, back into one whole drive.

will my data be safe if i do that ?

15 minutes ago, N0Va909 said:

will my data be safe if i do that ?

The only data that will be affected is the data on the partition you delete. So if you delete partitions D and E the data on both D and E will be gone, but C would remain intact.

will take ownership worked after sh*tload of registry editing and taking ownership of every single goddamn file!! separately (i.e around 11000 file)  and deleting every goddamn file it finally worked.. so....thanks everyone now im gonna go bleach my effing eyes.