Gsync issue with support Asus MG278Q freesync monitor

Hello guys,

I come with a problem that I am trying to fix since the launch of the driver 417.71
I am using an Asus MG 278Q monitor with freesync. This monitor is part of the 12 Certified monitors by Nvidia.
All good on this part, the second I install the driver with ASync/Freesync enabled at some point almost the end the my pc will completely freeze.
I found a workaround, if I disable Async and try to install it, nothing happens, the installation works successfully.
Here comes the real problems, sometimes gsync works without any problems when launching windows, however I encounter 3 big issues not all in the same time:
1. My monitor only displays exact half of my screen (left side is being displayed right side is completely black)
2. Similar to point 1 buuut the right side is frozen.
3. Everything is fine for around 15 seconds until my pc freezes.

My troubleshooting steps:

1. Used DDU to clean the driver and freshly install it on my PC 
2. Reinstalled my OS.
3. Tried all the DP ports on GPU.
4. Used a different DP cable.
5. Tested the monitor to my xbox one S which has enabled the freesync function and there are no issues.

My PC specs: 
CPU: Intel i5 4590
MOBO: AsRock h97 pro 4
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070
RAM: Hyper X Fury blue 1600Mhz
Monitor: Asus MG278Q

If you have any suggestions please do let me know because I don't know what to do.
Probably is happening because of the driver but...one of my friends is using the same monitor and he did not encountered any issues.

1 hour ago, Sean Sotir said:

snip

1. My monitor only displays exact half of my screen (left side is being displayed right side is completely black)

snip

I don't know about the other issues but the workaround for this, for me anyways, is to change the resolution and then change it back to whatever it needs to be.  I have the VG278Q and I get the same issue on waking from sleep and sometimes on boot.

19 hours ago, CorruptedSanity said:

I don't know about the other issues but the workaround for this, for me anyways, is to change the resolution and then change it back to whatever it needs to be.  I have the VG278Q and I get the same issue on waking from sleep and sometimes on boot.

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to ask you what GPU are you using? And what driver version? Are you encountering this issue with Adaptive Sync on? 

I come with a small update, I went and tested my monitor at a friend with a RTX 2080TI, the half screen issue is being encountered on his side as well, however if I power off/on or change the resolution the issue is fixed.

I am home right now, plugged in the monitor and everything looks fine without any issues.

I think the issue is being encountered because of the driver.

3 hours ago, Sean Sotir said:

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to ask you what GPU are you using? And what driver version? Are you encountering this issue with Adaptive Sync on? 

I come with a small update, I went and tested my monitor at a friend with a RTX 2080TI, the half screen issue is being encountered on his side as well, however if I power off/on or change the resolution the issue is fixed.

I am home right now, plugged in the monitor and everything looks fine without any issues.

I think the issue is being encountered because of the driver.

MSI GTX1070 Ti Titanium, driver 417.71.  Yes, I only get these issues with G-Sync on.  It's definitely a driver issue but I'm not really surprised, it is the first release after all.  I've just turned it off for the majority of the time now and enable it when I want to try it out for something.

Another issue I get it that I wall mounted a TV above my pc to watch movies on and if I have both displays plugged in, g-sync enabled on my monitor and play a game on it I get 1-2 seconds of black frames every couple minutes or so.  Unplug the TV and it works fine with G-Sync on.  Turn G-Sync off and it works fine with two displays.

17 hours ago, CorruptedSanity said:

MSI GTX1070 Ti Titanium, driver 417.71.  Yes, I only get these issues with G-Sync on.  It's definitely a driver issue but I'm not really surprised, it is the first release after all.  I've just turned it off for the majority of the time now and enable it when I want to try it out for something.

Another issue I get it that I wall mounted a TV above my pc to watch movies on and if I have both displays plugged in, g-sync enabled on my monitor and play a game on it I get 1-2 seconds of black frames every couple minutes or so.  Unplug the TV and it works fine with G-Sync on.  Turn G-Sync off and it works fine with two displays.

Thank a lot for the reply.

After performing some research it seems that the crash that I was encountering was because of a windows service.
After setting it to manual everything works fine and smooth. This is the guide that helped me:

Thank you again for your feedback!!!