H500i question plus Psu

Alex.lap89

Finally get my build selected and i choose a h500i case. My question is about the fan controller, will corsair ll fans work properly with it? Also any tips on defusing the rgb strip? Been told that the trips shows individual lights... 

Last question... 

Any sub 100-115$ Psu that's fully modular with black cables that are sleeved not just the plastic finish?

Just now, Alex.lap89 said:

Thx added the 650w variant of it. 

Now any clue on the fan controller? 

why 650? what are you powering?

btw, the 750 is on sale at newegg if you care

not really into the nzxt system, but it would seem impossible to me. but tbh I have never used either of them

1 hour ago, Alex.lap89 said:

My question is about the fan controller, will corsair ll fans work properly with it?

The smart hub that comes with the case? The NZXT fan controllers only work with NZXT fans. Same with corsair, and Cooler Master.

1 hour ago, Alex.lap89 said:

Thx added the 650w variant of it. 

Now any clue on the fan controller? 

The gimmick fan controller that is absolutely not worth paying for? It can power the fan, but it won't control the RGB. 

:)

While I don't see why a fan controller (!) won't work with any standard fan, afaik the "i" in the "H500i" is aiming for the proprietary DRGB system. It's so not worth paying the premium unless it's about the same price. The H500 is kind of the budget case by NZXT with the rest of the H series being more expensive (and imho better looking). The issue is: the other ATX mid tower is the H700 and that's even more expensive (without the pseudi-intelligence of "i").

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

8 hours ago, _d0nut said:

The smart hub that comes with the case? The NZXT fan controllers only work with NZXT fans. Same with corsair, and Cooler Master.

Thank you very much 

7 hours ago, bowrilla said:

While I don't see why a fan controller (!) won't work with any standard fan, afaik the "i" in the "H500i" is aiming for the proprietary DRGB system. It's so not worth paying the premium unless it's about the same price. The H500 is kind of the budget case by NZXT with the rest of the H series being more expensive (and imho better looking). The issue is: the other ATX mid tower is the H700 and that's even more expensive (without the pseudi-intelligence of "i").

Should i go with a Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case instead? 

3 minutes ago, Alex.lap89 said:

Should i go with a Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case instead? 

h500 imo, meshify c overpriced af currently

54 minutes ago, Alex.lap89 said:

You can go with the H500. I wouldn't pay the premium for the mostly useless "i" version that will lock you into NZXT's eco system. The H500 is a budget oriented ATX mid tower case. Regarding airflow the Meshify C is definitely a better choice leading to lower case temps and if you're planning to use an air cooler you'll end up with lower CPU temps. Pricing seems to be similar to the NZXT 500i. GN has very good and thorough case reviews and comparisons. I'd at least take Steve "Tech Jesus'" opinions on cases into consideration.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

1 hour ago, bowrilla said:

You can go with the H500. I wouldn't pay the premium for the mostly useless "i" version that will lock you into NZXT's eco system. The H500 is a budget oriented ATX mid tower case. Regarding airflow the Meshify C is definitely a better choice leading to lower case temps and if you're planning to use an air cooler you'll end up with lower CPU temps. Pricing seems to be similar to the NZXT 500i. GN has very good and thorough case reviews and comparisons. I'd at least take Steve "Tech Jesus'" opinions on cases into consideration.

It's a full air-cooled PC so i will look into it, budget getting tight so the h500 might be my buy. 

7 hours ago, bowrilla said:

I'd at least take Steve "Tech Jesus'" opinions on cases into consideration.

IMO he looks more like Bucky Barnes from the Marvel movies than Jesus.

6 hours ago, Alex.lap89 said:

It's a full air-cooled PC so i will look into it, budget getting tight so the h500 might be my buy. 

I've tried air cooling on a h500, had a Palit 1070Ti Jetstream which has pretty beefy cooling, and a ryzen 5 2600 with stock cooler. Temps were completely fine(I had all fan slots populated with corsair LL120s)

7 hours ago, _d0nut said:

IMO he looks more like Bucky Barnes from the Marvel movies than Jesus.

I've tried air cooling on a h500, had a Palit 1070Ti Jetstream which has pretty beefy cooling, and a ryzen 5 2600 with stock cooler. Temps were completely fine(I had all fan slots populated with corsair LL120s)

So à 140mm x2 ll fans upfront with a 120 at the back and top would be good? 

I am gonna be using a 2600x with a be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler.

My gpu will be a Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:36 PM, Alex.lap89 said:

So à 140mm x2 ll fans upfront with a 120 at the back and top would be good? 

I am gonna be using a 2600x with a be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler.

My gpu will be a Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card.

The windforce has a decent cooler so that isn't a problem

A Dark rock pro 4 is basically overkill for a 2600x so that won't be an issue either

You can't mix LL120 and LL140 together. You need to get a 3 pack of LL120's which come with the RGB LED controller, as you need the controller to control RGB on the fully RGB Corsair fans. On those controllers, you can't mix the fans. I suggest sticking to one 3 pack of LL120s and adding a single LL120. 

16 hours ago, _d0nut said:

The windforce has a decent cooler so that isn't a problem

A Dark rock pro 4 is basically overkill for a 2600x so that won't be an issue either

You can't mix LL120 and LL140 together. You need to get a 3 pack of LL120's which come with the RGB LED controller, as you need the controller to control RGB on the fully RGB Corsair fans. On those controllers, you can't mix the fans. I suggest sticking to one 3 pack of LL120s and adding a single LL120. 

Thx, i will do that. 

• 1 month later...

So could you plug the power plug for the LL120 Fans into the hub for power instead of plugging directly into the board and then plug the RGB plugs into the lightning node pro to control the RGB?