Aorus Monitor: Yay or nay?

Agonizel

Aorus Monitor  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay?

• Yay
    • Nay

Hey guys,

So Gigabyte is releasing a 27", 144hz, IPS, "HDR" (400nits) Freesync 1 Display: the Aorus AD27QD. It costs $599
Here's Kitguru's  review: https://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/james-morris/gigabyte-aorus-ad27qd-27in-144hz-ips-freesync-tactical-gaming-monitor-review/
I also found this graph from another outlet with input lag data which I found interesting. It seems to outperform every other monitor.

I am considering buying it - I don't care about G-Sync and Freesync since I always try to stay at 144hz and above.

What do you think? I am genuinely gonna take your comments and expertise seriously, as 600 bucks is a lot of money. 

image.png

source: https://nl.hardware.info/reviews/8995/9/gigabyte-aorus-ad27qd-review-gaming-monitor-debuut-met-noise-cancellation-gaming-responstijd-en-inputlag

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

It looks pretty cool, though I think you should wait for more reviews to come out so you can be sure about it.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

The input lag is very impressive, but it doesn't really matter compared to eg. the group of monitors with around 2-3ms of lag. You'd never notice the difference.

I think with that kind of price tag, it should perhaps be Freesync 2 rather than Freesync 1. Seems like a good monitor otherwise.