Computer sudden drop in frames for all games?

Vepy

I've noticed since about 2 days ago that my frames have been horrible in most games now and that I can't play in the settings I use to be able to without lagging like hell. My CPU and GPU temps are fine, what could it be? Is there a way to fix this?

Specs would help.

Are you OC?

You can short cut checking backround processes by killing all with smartclose

4 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Specs would help.

Are you OC?

You can short cut checking backround processes by killing all with smartclose

Specs are on my profile. For example, Heros of the Storm ran fine on high, but suddenly I need EVERYTHING on low in order to play at stable frames. I didn't take the pc apart or anything.

1 minute ago, Vepy said:

Specs are on my profile. For example, Heros of the Storm ran fine on high, but suddenly I need EVERYTHING on low in order to play at stable frames. I didn't take the pc apart or anything.

Uhm

Specs should still be listed for us people trying to help from mobile

And the rest of what you just said has nothing to do with the questions asked nor advise given.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66 Ghz

Asus P5QL Pro ATX

8 GB DDR2

EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTS250 512 MB

Windows 10

I mentioned it just incase you would say something about it.

10 minutes ago, Vepy said:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66 Ghz

Asus P5QL Pro ATX

8 GB DDR2

EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTS250 512 MB

Windows 10

I mentioned it just incase you would say something about it.

Well this explains it, you've got and OLD PC. It's 12 years old. I am afraid you need to save up. For now get a better GPU. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Well this explains it, you've got and OLD PC. It's 12 years old. I am afraid you need to save up. For now get a better GPU. 

I'm not playing any intense games, it use to be completely fine with the games I played but now it just doesn't

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Try cleaning. Temps might me fine because its throttling down. Could also be that one of your really old parts have bit the dust, and not working how it should be anymore (GPU for example, can have damaged parts but still work, just really badly)

Once again not following with the steps provided. Please run smartclose 

How long ago did you upgrade to win 10?

Sometimes running win 10 on older hardware yields a negative return on performance 

45 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Once again not following with the steps provided. Please run smartclose 

How long ago did you upgrade to win 10?

Sometimes running win 10 on older hardware yields a negative return on performance 

Where do I download it from? The website that I've tried didn't give the download, and other sites seem a bit sketch

Edit: Bought the pc used back around in November, came with Windows 10.

Edited by Vepy

15 hours ago, Vepy said:

I've noticed since about 2 days ago that my frames have been horrible in most games now and that I can't play in the settings I use to be able to without lagging like hell. My CPU and GPU temps are fine, what could it be? Is there a way to fix this?

Did you check if your graphics card is up to date? every now and then my games would just run really bad and i would just know that theres probably a new update

23 hours ago, Vepy said:

Where do I download it from? The website that I've tried didn't give the download, and other sites seem a bit sketch

Edit: Bought the pc used back around in November, came with Windows 10.

smartclose was designed by bm-productions

https://bmproductions.fixnum.org/