TX3 Mini refuses to use a different launcher by default

RejZoR

I recently bought TX3 Mini box to play videos and stuff on TV and I want to use a different, better launcher. The thing is, I can set the new launcher like on any other Android and when I press the HOME button on the remote, it switches to a new launcher, but every time I start the TX3 from OFF state, it first starts with a default launcher which is super annoying. Then I press HOME button and my preferred "new" launcher opens.

How can I make new launcher open by default when I start the TX3 box from OFF state?

Turns out it can only be done by force removing the stock launcher (Ornath) using some "system app remover" app (root access is available by default anyway). Just make sure to first install some other launcher before removing Ornath... Then it'll boot that one up directly on startup.

Thanks for posting rejzor, I was looking to do this also. What launcher did you use and did the clock still work as before? 

I've used "TV Launcher" because it has the simplest design and large icons. Works really well. Yeah, time works fine. On the TX3 front display as well as within TV Launcher where time is displayed in top right corner.