ANYONE!!!?!? (NEED HELP) test your gpu knowledge??

MissOrla

I know I’ve been ripped off with a fake Chinese gpu but I want to know what the card was before they screwed with the bios.. have taken the cooler off and wiped away the thermal paste to get the chip numbers but I can’t seem to find anything at all about about it.. it’ll run YouTube and basic everyday stuff but it freezes when loading up fortnight.. it registers on speccy as a “GeForce  gtx 1050ti 4Gb” but at the moment my low profile MSI GT-710 2gb dose a better more reliable job on lowest settings lol please help 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just now, Redstoneary said:

Umm, what exactly do you need?

read their post how bout

as for the gpu it supposedly could be a gtx 440

Welcome to the LTT forums! I believe that these are usually GTX 550 tis or GTS 450s

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

I just want to know what the chip in this card is originally from

Thank you heaps you beautiful bunch of reliable geniuses 

1 minute ago, MissOrla said:

Thank you heaps you beautiful bunch of reliable geniuses 

To check I recommend putting it back together then downloading GPU Z from techpowerup, (which was recently updated to detect the specs of fake GPUs) and then google cards that match the listed spec.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

21 minutes ago, MissOrla said:

I know I’ve been ripped off with a fake Chinese gpu but I want to know what the card was before they screwed with the bios.. have taken the cooler off and wiped away the thermal paste to get the chip numbers but I can’t seem to find anything at all about about it.. it’ll run YouTube and basic everyday stuff but it freezes when loading up fortnight.. it registers on speccy as a “GeForce  gtx 1050ti 4Gb” but at the moment my low profile MSI GT-710 2gb dose a better more reliable job on lowest settings lol please help 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quadro 600 1GB I think. Let me do more digging.

My Machines:

I know. I need to update this. And I will. Eventually. 

3 minutes ago, Snotrap said:

Quadro 600 1GB I think. Let me do more digging.

nope.

this is the die.

GPU Chip

that says 1106A1, not 1130A1.

17 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Hate it how they don't silkscreen on the die what  the gpu is. They usually do something like tu102-200a. 

TU102-200A is much more specific than that jumbled mess. Doesn’t help that it's old also. I second the above of GTX 400/500 series, those seem to be the more common choices

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

OP: How many power connectors? also what display outputs?

can you measure it? approximately?

I have the solution.

Download GPU-Z.

Then open it and click "Lookup".

image.png.e10676e31bc1a1acee9f74929e8c124e.png

@MissOrla

My Machines:

I know. I need to update this. And I will. Eventually.