"G-Sync Compatible" Master Thread

Glenwing

Just tried it on the GIGABYTE AD27QD and doesn't work. Once I apply for "this display" and I start up a game screen goes weird then blacks out and switches itself into sleep/standy mode.

It does work. For some reason first time I tried it didn’t. Update to last driver 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

So could G-sync be enabled on an Asus VG278QR  monitor with msi geforce gtx 1060 6gb gaming x? This monitor has DisplayPort 1.2 and "features Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync™) technology" according to Asus

I am trying to convince myself to buy this monitor ?

Hey! new guy in this forum . I have a question. Is Asus VG278QR(165 hz) G-sync compatible? I know that Asus VG278Q is, but what about this one ? Does Adaptive sync essentially means G-SYNC compatible ?

anyone else had the G-sync setup option dissapear after working fine since launch?

Hello, I’m in the process of building a new computer, one that I won’t have to worry about upgrading for a long time. Some things you should know before responding to my questions is that I’m a hardcore gamer. I don’t play for fun, anything that I can do to have the advantage slanted to my way is what I’m looking for. Do I play fortnite and other games that don’t demand a lot of hardware to run them smooth? Yes... but a game like Anthem that requires some solid hardware is something that I’m more Interested in. I’m pretty sure I’m happy with my build so far but I’ve ran into a wall. I’m not quite sure what to do. I’m in need of a really good monitor but I’m not trying to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on it. What is important to me is 144hz or more and 1ms response time. I really like the ASUS ROG monitors because of the RGB. There are just so many random questions and none are related to the ones I’ve been looking at. I’m not a huge fan of curve screens either

here is my completed build so far

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MbvZyX

Hey so I was wondering if I have 2 monitors 1 with free sync and the other without is it will still work and if I have 2 monitors and they’re bith the same and with freesync if it will work also do I have to enable v sync on the noviciate control panel cuz I saw u have to do that on jokers video on YouTube 

I just built pc with RTX 2080 Ultra in it.

I would like some guidance on which G sync monitors are good without overpaying for something I don't need.

Thank you. 

18 hours ago, ManicMiner said:

I just built pc with RTX 2080 Ultra in it.

I would like some guidance on which G sync monitors are good without overpaying for something I don't need.

Thank you. 

AOC G2590FX its freesync but its gsync compatible

I am having some issue with my CF VEGA64 rig + Acer XR341CK, so I removed it for trouble-shooting. Replaced it with my GTX1080 rig, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my monitor is one of thoseGsync compatible ones. Tried it and now I have it Gsync'ed at 75Hz (same as with Freesync).

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Can anyone ELI5 what "Strobing" is?  I see it on the spreadsheet but no explanation of what it is.  It looks like it's good for a monitor to have strobing, based on the Yes being green.

2 minutes ago, TheAngryIntern said:

Can anyone ELI5 what "Strobing" is?  I see it on the spreadsheet but no explanation of what it is.  It looks like it's good for a monitor to have strobing, based on the Yes being green.

Flickering the monitor's illumination source on and off reduces perceived motion blur at the cost of loss of brightness.

I can confirm that the AOC G2460PF works great

- OS Manjaro Linux

- Nvidia driver 418.43

- Linux kernel 5.0

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

• 3 weeks later...

Samsung s27h850 (1440p ips); with rtx 2060, flawless, freesync range 48-78hz

I just got an AOC G2590FX and I'm loving the 144hz ?. The problem is that I have a GTX 960 and seems that "G Sync Compatible" is not available on the 900 series. Is there anything I can tweak to get te best of my setup besides upgrading the card?

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm the Samsung C27HG70 works perfectly with G Sync.

The display must be set to Freesync in the OSD, Freesync Ultimate causes ghosting in some games.

Even HDR seemed to work although I wasn't able to test it beyond simply running ACO.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just giving a shout for the Hannspree HG324QJB - working perfectly with g-sync compatibility so far~

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 6:24 PM, Glenwing said:

Flickering the monitor's illumination source on and off reduces perceived motion blur at the cost of loss of brightness.

I haven't been able to google myself to an answer to this, but maybe you know.

Does strobing backlight work on a FreeSync monitor if you have an Nvidia GPU and have variable refresh rate enabled?

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I haven't been able to google myself to an answer to this, but maybe you know.

Does strobing backlight work on a FreeSync monitor if you have an Nvidia GPU and have variable refresh rate enabled?

Unfortunately I don't know, I don't have any FreeSync monitors with backlight strobing to test :(

• 1 month later...

Bit of an odd question. Does anyone know if it needs to be a DP output to a DP input to meet the requirements or if it just needs to be the output? I have an Acer KG241Q 75Hz FreeSync monitor that only has a VGA and 2 HDMI inputs and I was curious if a DP to HDMI cable would work.

27 minutes ago, BlameItOnThe_ said:

Bit of an odd question. Does anyone know if it needs to be a DP output to a DP input to meet the requirements or if it just needs to be the output? I have an Acer KG241Q 75Hz FreeSync monitor that only has a VGA and 2 HDMI inputs and I was curious if a DP to HDMI cable would work.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:13 PM, Glenwing said:

What about FreeSync over HDMI?

NVIDIA is only adding support for the DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync protocol. FreeSync over HDMI does not use the DisplayPort Adaptive-Sync protocol, they use a different protocol (seemingly a custom one developed by AMD, it's hard to say since AMD has never made any technical details available that I'm aware of. It does not use the HDMI Game Mode VRR protocol introduced with the HDMI 2.1 specification, since FreeSync over HDMI predates the publication of version 2.1, unless whatever method AMD developed actually became standardized as that protocol. Like I said, no details released, so we can only speculate).

For now, FreeSync monitors with no DP input, which only support FreeSync via HDMI (there are a few) will not be able to enable G-Sync with this update.

EDIT: No, a DP to HDMI adapter will not help. As mentioned in the "requirements" section, you need a DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort connection.

6 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Thanks, sorry for being "that guy" that only read half way though the post before asking an already answered question. Oops, my bad.

Hello,
Im planning to buy Dell AW2518HF which is freesync 240HZ. Does anyone have any experience with this monitor, some sources says that it will work?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

MSI OPTIX AG32CQ

MSI is claiming this screen works.

I  tested it with the pendulum demo on 60 and 144 fps the grey bar in 1st time normal but wen.

I try Second time or the orther day the grey line stutters.

screen blinks red if I click mouse.

this is the best screen for me I can find I have it and I can send it back.

I set on the screen settings of Free sync on the display.

and with Nvidia panel evryting on there is a bubble saiying its not compatible.

they Said in store u can fix it with Some files i cant find nothing.

I have a LG 34UC79-G (144hz 2560x1080) I already activated G-Sync on nVidia Control Panel and Freesync on display OSD.. the problem is on game menu's specifically (Overwatch and RainbowSix Siege) the display flickers on/off..this happens only on menu's with fixed 60fps (unsure about that fixed 60).

Can anybody help me setting up CRU?I read somewhere that it'l help this issue.

THanks

Ryzen  5 3600 | ASUS Strix B450i Strix | G-Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3200mhz

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb | NZXT H200i | NZXT x52 | Corsair RM650x

So from today i'm back on NVIDIA, i have a Gigabyte Aorus CV27F 165hz Freesync 2 HDR monitor.

So far G-Sync seems to work fine, no issues so far. Is there a way to be certain that it works?

Sometimes there is a very slight flicker with freesync on, but i had that with an AMD card as well.

WIP: Ryzen 5 3600@4,2ghz | G.Skill 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming | ASRock B450M Steel Legend

Corsair Crystal 280X | Cooler Master MWE 550W | Gigabyte CV27F 1080p 165hz