Silent Cube case

otp19

Hi

I am new here. I just want to ask if anyone can help me. I want to build new pc and i was looking for some untraditional case. I really like Cooler Matester HAF XB ,it ooks awesome ,but than i think about it little bit and probably i wouldnt be so greant in silence reducing becose it is about air flow more than anything else. So i want to ask if you guys know some case that is cube or untraditional and still be silent.

If you want to know the size i am looking forward to put GTX780 in it and i am still choosing rest still about 2 months from final desicion.

thanks a lot  :)

(btw i am from europe so sorry for my english)

Hi

I am new here. I just want to ask if anyone can help me. I want to build new pc and i was looking for some untraditional case. I really like Cooler Matester HAF XB ,it ooks awesome ,but than i think about it little bit and probably i wouldnt be so greant in silence reducing becose it is about air flow more than anything else. So i want to ask if you guys know some case that is cube or untraditional and still be silent.

If you want to know the size i am looking forward to put GTX780 in it and i am still choosing rest still about 2 months from final desicion.

thanks a lot  :)

(btw i am from europe so sorry for my english)

I have a HAF XB... It is indeed not the most silent case because it is aimed at airflow and cooling.. And because it is a cube case and I have it on my desk, thereby close to my head, I can for sure hear it but with some silent fans and stuff it is nothing annoying imo.. (see my signature for build log link). Only time I can really hear it is in games when the GPU ramps up, but then again I am wearing a headset then or have game sound over speakers and I dont notice it .... 

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

I have a HAF XB... It is indeed not the most silent case because it is aimed at airflow and cooling.. And because it is a cube case and I have it on my desk, thereby close to my head, I can for sure hear it but with some silent fans and stuff it is nothing annoying imo.. (see my signature for build log link). Only time I can really hear it is in games when the GPU ramps up, but then again I am wearing a headset then or have game sound over speakers and I dont notice it .... 

Great so if i choose right fans it should be good than and do you have one with mesh on top or with glass?

Great so if i choose right fans it should be good than and do you have one with mesh on top or with glass?

Haf XB is an awesome case, but it is very open and has no sound dampening or much way to keep dust out. Just FYI. If you want it to run quiet you're gonna need the top 200mm fan to keep things cool at low rpm's. My case is a pretty quiet cube but its not very economical.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

I have the windowed version.. :)

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --