Used iPhone advice

limegorilla

To cut a long story short, I am currently phoneless (oh! The horror!) and I don't have money for a new phone. especially as I have managed to ingrain myself to Apple's walled garden of no-return to get a new one.

So, I need to get a used iPhone in the best condition possible. Out of sheer coincidence, one of my friends is selling hers - for much less than the prices on eBay. However, her iPhone has a screen tinted blue. Not much - but noticeable enough. She broke the screen about a year ago, but started picking at the glass. Eventually she exposed some of the logic, and her being her she poked it with a knife.

To answer the obvious question, yes I also question her sanity, but hey she is my friend, she has to be somewhat crazy lol.

Anywho, after poking it with a goddamned knife the screen stopped working - no surprises there. She sent it in for repair, and when it came back, the screen had the now present blue tint. However, she did not use an Apple Authorised repair center, it was a rather suspect one, which leads me to believe it is the panel which is at fault, not the fact that she short-circuited some of the logic.

The area which she poked with aforementioned knife was the top left if anyone is wondering.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

Does the phone have to be an iPhone? What’s your budget?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

3 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Does the phone have to be an iPhone? What’s your budget?

I used to be an Android fan, but I have moved to iOS and in all honesty - slightly prefer it. As a budget, well as I said, literally nothing. I know my options on the Android side (A OnePlus 5t / Pixel 2 used) 

edit:

And to be honest I would rather get a phone that I enjoy. Whatever you have against iPhone, the OS experience is more polished and the hardware is made to last longer (other than the battery lol)

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

1 minute ago, limegorilla said:

I used to be an Android fan, but I have moved to iOS and in all honesty - slightly prefer it. As a budget, well as I said, literally nothing. I know my options on the Android side (A OnePlus 5t / Pixel 2 used) 

edit:

And to be honest I would rather get a phone that I enjoy. Whatever you have against iPhone, the OS experience is more polished and the hardware is made to last longer (other than the battery lol)

I don’t have anything against IOS, except for the fact it’s not developer friendly (uploading to App Store is expensive) and I can’t easily download my files for testing (I’m a game developer)

so if if it must be Apple, I suggest going on Letgo, in my area, an iPhone 6s goes for about $60 (last I checked)

Maybe the screen is defective.

Just check the usual and most importantly dont forget to check the iCloud account on the phone because if she forgot and you happen to reset the iPhone then it will be locked.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

why did you buy it then?

it could be the screen or the flex cable.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

why did you buy it then?

it could be the screen or the flex cable.

I don’t think OP bought it yet, I think s/he is considering it though

get it if its extremely low, like bestfriend's low.

at least you need to replace the screen if its suddenly die.

iphone's screen is relatively easy to find, and there are knockoff which are very usable and super cheap.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

get it if its extremely low, like bestfriend's low.

at least you need to replace the screen if its suddenly die.

iphone's screen is relatively easy to find, and there are knockoff which are very usable and super cheap.

Agreed, but I still suggest buying a different one, but I guess it depends on what iPhone it is, if the screen replacement is going to make the total price go above the price if buying a different one, it isn’t worth it

but in most cases, a screen replacement is relatively cheap

unless it's a freaking amoled, it's under $100.

and for it's few models mass produced kind, iphone screens is cheap compared to other flagship android brand, especially samsung.