So MOBAs might have just gotten to me too. Now I need YOUR help

ManOfDisguise

not really i feel the same way about consoles as i do about league

its more for the average joe that wants something easy to do

if ur advanced and awesome come to PC/dota 2

im not into the whole flame wars garbage anymore but sometimes facts are facts. LoL is easier to play. Dota has more variety

Personally Dota 2 has artificial difficulty, like Dark souls. They made it difficult for elitists, LoL gets difficult when you play ranked and verse higher ranked players. Plus Lol is easier on the eyes... LoL has different strategies but it isnt easier. Thats like saying pac man is easy because it has less options.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

if you're completely new to mobas, do NOT get Dota. Horrible time for you. I would go with Smite. IMO it's the easiest

Indeed! Had my first match with Ra and went 11-9! Love this game!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Indeed! Had my first match with Ra and went 11-9! Love this game!

yeah I went like 12/4 as Thor first game.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

yeah I went like 12/4 as Thor first game.

haha Thor is the other character I use when I wana go all close range! But Im loving Ra's sun lazer beams or whatever it is it does so much damage especially when u hit someone with the Ultimate!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I have DOTA 2 on Steam that I got for free in a giveaway on another forum. Never played it, is it really that good?

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I have heard that LoL is easy to get into, but I think you can pay to win in most games these days. I'd say DOTA is least pay to win if that made sense.

Wat.

No matter how much money you throw at Dota Lol or Smite, if you're bad you're bad. No amount of money can let you "win" in an almost completely skill based game. I mean sure, you could buy an account, but that's not pay to win. That's just blatant cheating.

OP: Just play what you're friends play. They make the game more fun, and there's also someone there to help you improve.

If you have no self respect, LoL.

If you're enough of a tryhard, Dota.

Be aware, though. They will eat through your life. ;_;

I cannot agree with you more :)

The easiest to learn is LoL. It is a different kind of MOBA. If you want to get in to deep dark hole that is a MOBA, dota2 is more for you. I have not played smite so i cannot help you there.
I play dota2. No matter what you start with you will have to figure out the game. I do personaly believe that playing dota2 is more rewarding than LoL because of the complexity and I am a gaming masochist.
Do not let anyone fool you about what community is better. I will tell you now... THEY ALL SUCK! You will find your flamers, douchers, trollers, and people who are just terrible people in all the games. MOBA's are a giant cesspool of elitest venom. Chances are that if you do not play with a group of friends you will not last, I hope that will not be the case for you.

I don't know about that last part... I hear so much about how venomous and Russian the Dota 2 community is, but in all my 90 or so games, I have not encountered any Russians or flamers. I have encountered bad players, but they were semi-willing to learn. Maybe i'm just lucky.

Yeah I should not have put it that harsh. You will not find trash in every game, but more so there are those types in each MOBA.

I'm trying to get into dota by playing with bots and I'm having fun. I don't like LoL because from my experience it is the Xbox live of PC

I don't remember paying to play online O.o

Since you're new to MOBA's i'd recommend you play LoL and once you are experienced, go and play DotA 2 if you can't stand the LoL Community once you reach Level 30 in LoL.

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz | MOBO - ASUS H97-PLUS | RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz |

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD |

Chassis - Corsair 400R | PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W |

Since you're new to MOBA's i'd recommend you play LoL and once you are experienced, go and play DotA 2 if you can't stand the LoL Community once you reach Level 30 in LoL.

For now im just playing dota 2 bots with friends and trying my best to learn as much I can day by day.

My Pc Gaming Rig (Blue Blackhawk) Specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/V88U

My very first moba was Dota 2. I started literally yesterday and just went 8-0 followed immediately by a 23-0 match. Either the game isn't nearly as hard as people make it out to be, or I finally found something I'm good at lol.

BACK IN MY DAY: League used to be easier to get into, we only had 40 champions and if you bought the game for like 20$ you got half of them off the bat.   Now a days there's 110+ champions and every champion that came out since 2012 costs 6300 video game points (30~60 hours of gameplay) to unlock and the rune system creates a barrier of entry as well.  Since we were all noobs and there were no streams the "metagame" wasn't so ridged in public match making either.  Now a days leveling a summoner from 1~30 is pretty painful because the community's attitude is pretty godawful.  You basically wont ever unlock all the champions at this point either.

That being said, without a RTS background and lots of patience for the steep learning curve, DOTA 2 can be pretty intimidating.  But the matchmaker is fair and I find DOTA easier to move from hero to hero (because they're all unlocked) and just more rewarding to pay in general.  In my personal experience the DOTA community can be more patient and helpful than some of the other mobas I've played (assuming the people you end up matched with speak English as DOTA's not region locked).  You'll die... ALLOT, and one person's mistakes can cost the game very easily which will cause excessive flaming, but win or loose I just enjoy making sweet plays and getting better at the game.

It doesn't hurt to try all of them and see which one holds your attention best.  And you'll need tough skin to learn to play any of these games consistently as mobas are known for pretty brutal communities.  But if you want my vote it's DOTA 2.  (I have about 1600 league games and 800 ish DOTA 2 games.)

First Build:| Gigabyte 990FXa-UD3 | FX 8120 4.0Ghz | Coolermaster Seidon 240M | Asus Radeon HD 7870 | Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD + WD Green 2TB HDD | Corsair RM750 | 8Gb Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz CL9| Fractal Define R4 White/Windowed |