Dp cable connectivity issue

Joe-G

My monitor is the Pixio PX276, Whenever I try to switch to a DP cable; On start up it will just display "No signal" and then "Go to power saving mode" however my monitor works fine when I plug it in hdmi. Any solutions for this? I want to use the DP cable to play in 144hz, I already bought a new dp cable from Ivanky, I'm not using the cable that came in with the monitor.

i'm guessing its a 10 series gpu

connect and boot with the hdmi , then when the machine has booted unplug the hdmi and connect with display port and the system should detect the monitor being connected. you can leave the mouse hovered over the "detect displays" button if it doesn't show up right away.

Just now, emosun said:

i'm guessing its a 10 series gpu

connect and boot with the hdmi , then when the machine has booted unplug the hdmi and connect with display port and the system should detect the monitor being connected. you can leave the mouse hovered over the "detect displays" button if it doesn't show up right away.

Rtx 2070, Sorry forgot to mention the gpu

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

Did you switch the input control on the monitor to DP?

Yes, So this is what I did: I booted up my pc with my HDMI then connected my DP but after I connect my dp my mouse starts flashing and tunrs into a loading icon, I also hear continuous beeping sounds after a minute or so my monitor turns black. All is fine when I connect my HDMI only.

I'm having a similar issue to where the monitor won't wake up after going to sleep. I have the EVGA 2070 and Dell S2716DGR connected via DP.