Programs opening on nonexistent second monitor???

Ryzen 2600X

I don't know if this is in the wrong topic area but anytime I open Vortex(a mod manager) it opens on a different, nonexistent screen. I know its open, and uninstalled/reinstalled it ands still does it. I used to have 2 monitors but my DP cable died. Any ideas on how to move the program back to my primary monitor???

Do you still keep your "dead" one plugged in? If so, unplug it. It's likely there's still a signal going to the monitor and Windows see's that signal, whether or not the monitor is actually getting picture, Windows may not care in this instance.

4 hours ago, masterRACE said:

I don't know if this is in the wrong topic area but anytime I open Vortex(a mod manager) it opens on a different, nonexistent screen. I know its open, and uninstalled/reinstalled it ands still does it. I used to have 2 monitors but my DP cable died. Any ideas on how to move the program back to my primary monitor???

Just set it to duplicate in windows display settings. Mark as answer if worked.

My Machines:

I know. I need to update this. And I will. Eventually. 

Okay, my screen is not plugged in. Windows shows that only one monitor is on though, and duplicate doesn't work either.

On 1/12/2019 at 5:53 PM, masterRACE said:

Did you have your second display plugged into a different port on the GPU before? I know that I get that issue if I change the port the Display is plugged into.

Just a small town Canadian Twitch Streamer with big ambitions.

21 hours ago, Wulfscar said:

Did you have your second display plugged into a different port on the GPU before? I know that I get that issue if I change the port the Display is plugged into.

Ha, yeah I do! Never thought of that, will try it out!

1 hour ago, masterRACE said:

Ha, yeah I do! Never thought of that, will try it out!

Hope it helps!

Just a small town Canadian Twitch Streamer with big ambitions.