Help PLZ

Kristiaan

Hey guys,

I used the calculator on the coolermaster website, and the system that i am upgrading uses 313 Watt now.

When i add the stuff that i am looking to buy it says my system will use 481W "Load Wattage".

My Pc now has a PSU in it now that says MAX output 500W.

Is it safe to use this PSU?

Or Should i upgrade to like a 600W PSU.

Thanks ❤️

"Everybody is a genius.

But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

How about some specs? Wattage calculators are not amazingly accurate, check out my build in bio for reference. I used a watt meter to measure power draw during an Aida stress test.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Kristiaan said:

My Pc now has a PSU in it now that says MAX output 500W.

You can start by telling us your PC's specs, your potential upgrade(s), and your budget for the PSU.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I would upgrade it just to be sure. I've had a similar thing with the pc I've built for my sister, thing worked 99% of the time but as soon as there was some sort of power spike the PSU would turn off and reboot the pc.

It's a good idea IMO to have some wattage left :) 

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

What exactly are you gonna build? What's your current PSU? Personally, if it doesn't have any 80 Plus rating, I'd replace it still.

Thanks guys

The PC now has the following in it:

• Intel core i5 - 4590 3.3Ghz
  • GTX 745
  • Liteon IT LMT-128L9M -> 128 GB SSD (garbage slow SSD)
  • 1TB WD Blue
  • 1TB WD Green
  • 4x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
  • CD/ DVD read / write
  • 500W PSU 80PLUS rating

I am replacing a couple things to this

• Intel core i5 - 4590
  • Sapphire Nitro R9 380X 4GB 5D
  • Intenso 500 GB SSD
  • 1 TB WD Bleu or green (did not decide yet)
  • Taking out the CD drive

What do you think?

"Everybody is a genius.

But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

4 minutes ago, Kristiaan said:

Thanks guys

The PC now has the following in it:

• Intel core i5 - 4590 3.3Ghz
  • GTX 745
  • Liteon IT LMT-128L9M -> 128 GB SSD (garbage slow SSD)
  • 1TB WD Blue
  • 1TB WD Green
  • CD/ DVD read / write
  • 500W PSU 80PLUS rating

I am replacing a couple things to this

• Intel core i5 - 4590
  • Intenso 500 GB SSD
  • 1 TB WD Bleu or green (did not decide yet)
  • Taking out the CD drive

What do you think?

You will make it with your current PSU. This is basically a 300 watt system, I would never expect it to go above 350 under any circumstance.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Thank you so much guys! ❤️

"Everybody is a genius.

Guys, just a small question, it might be in the wrong section, but can i just swap the GTX745 or the R9 card? :)

"Everybody is a genius.

6 minutes ago, Kristiaan said:

Guys, just a small question, it might be in the wrong section, but can i just swap the GTX745 or the R9 card? :)

Yeah do whichever. The r9 card will obviously be more powerful so I'd stick with that. 

Primary PC:

29 minutes ago, Kristiaan said:

500W PSU 80PLUS rating

You still didn't tell us the model name of your PSU, so we can't help.

9 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

You still didn't tell us the model name of your PSU, so we can't help.

Sorry mate.

I added a picture.

50072461_2234225970185111_372181318747815936_n.jpg

"Everybody is a genius.

Small question, if you guys could choose, would you go for:

• MSI Geforce GTX 970

Or

Like, the sellers asks like 90€ for the R9 and 130€ for the GTX970

"Everybody is a genius.

20 minutes ago, Kristiaan said:

Sorry mate.

I added a picture.

Your power supply is a high quality one, you don't need to worry about upgrading to any of the high end graphics cards.

24 minutes ago, Kristiaan said:

Small question, if you guys could choose, would you go for:

• MSI Geforce GTX 970

Or

Like, the sellers asks like 90€ for the R9 and 130€ for the GTX970

The 970 is better so I'd get that one. The 390 is the competition for the 970, which means it beats a 380x. It also consumes less power, since that's what you were worried about in the first place.

Primary PC:

43 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Your power supply is a high quality one, you don't need to worry about upgrading to any of the high end graphics cards.

35 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

The 970 is better so I'd get that one. The 390 is the competition for the 970, which means it beats a 380x. It also consumes less power, since that's what you were worried about in the first place.

Thanks y'all ❤️

"Everybody is a genius.