Asus

Evilwendie413
On 1/26/2019 at 3:28 AM, Christiaan21-03 said:

This gpu is bound to generate more heath then your previous card. My own system is about 10 degrees hotter in idle with a 1060 then a 1050. I guess the airflow in my case is better. I'm using 6 fans that all blow on a fairly low speed this prevents the 1060 from becoming too hot. When i know i want to play graphics high games i have a custom fan profile that sets the fans of the 1060 on 30% when windows starts and temperatures only rise up to around 58 degrees celcius with fan speeds around 40/50% rpm. 

You should do the bench i linked to you. Its an easy way to detect how your gpu fairs and if it should be returned to the seller. Maybe the results have something to do with your motherboard cpu combination. The fx6300 is not the fastest processor out there which might explain the lousy results you've been getting so far. If you do the bench and link the result page back here we can at least be conclusive about that part 

i did the bench i linked it above the photos 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/14124376

dunno if this helps but heres this too

PING  9ms

DOWNLOAD 301.75Mbps
UPLOAD 23.73Mbps

Well..... 

Everything looks to be oke. You could use an SSD, you could improve on the memory speed, it should be atleast on 1600 hz ( that setting can be reached from the bios menu ) 
I have a hard time believing that the 1050 performed at exactly the same manner as the 1060 on your 2k screen. What are your settings in WOW ? 

2 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

Well..... 

Everything looks to be oke. You could use an SSD, you could improve on the memory speed, it should be atleast on 1600 hz ( that setting can be reached from the bios menu ) 
I have a hard time believing that the 1050 performed at exactly the same manner as the 1060 on your 2k screen. What are your settings in WOW ? 

i dont have a 2k screen? my computer is plugged into my 65 inch 4k HDR tv with HDR gaming turned off in the windows settings...
4k 2k and everything is on normal or high.. shadow is turned off 

i loled so hard reading this.

Steps for changing gpu even if cores are from same manufacturers (so like in this case from NVidias GTX1050 to GTX1060)

1. Download and unpack DDU - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2. Run it and select 'Clean and Shutdown'

3. When system turns off, swich off PSU (swich behind) then press power button again (rgbs can light up for second).

4. Remove your old graphic card and install new one.

5. ofc... Turn on your PSU.

6. Turn on your PC and install newstest drivers.

Whola!

Oh yea right, i remember reading that before. i must have been confused when reading this line 

display : 4096 x 2160 32 bit 

This is probably the resolution set on windows. The 1060 6gb should perform on 2k with high/medium settings low antialias and medium shadows for instance though its more of a 1080p card then anything else. I'm not entirely sure about how gpu hungry WOW is so if it runs fine i'm oke.
What is the resolution listed in WOW if i might ask?
If its 1920 or 4096 you might want to consider increasing texture values and antrosophic filtering as high as possible, antro x16 and see how it performs from there. Oh and your ram memory speeds are you capable of increasing those values?  

13 hours ago, Bogo Mogo said:

i loled so hard reading this.

Steps for changing gpu even if cores are from same manufacturers (so like in this case from NVidias GTX1050 to GTX1060)

1. Download and unpack DDU - https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2. Run it and select 'Clean and Shutdown'

3. When system turns off, swich off PSU (swich behind) then press power button again (rgbs can light up for second).

4. Remove your old graphic card and install new one.

5. ofc... Turn on your PSU.

6. Turn on your PC and install newstest drivers.

Whola!

i already did that.. why would this make you lol?

13 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

Oh yea right, i remember reading that before. i must have been confused when reading this line 

display : 4096 x 2160 32 bit 

This is probably the resolution set on windows. The 1060 6gb should perform on 2k with high/medium settings low antialias and medium shadows for instance though its more of a 1080p card then anything else. I'm not entirely sure about how gpu hungry WOW is so if it runs fine i'm oke.
What is the resolution listed in WOW if i might ask?
If its 1920 or 4096 you might want to consider increasing texture values and antrosophic filtering as high as possible, antro x16 and see how it performs from there. Oh and your ram memory speeds are you capable of increasing those values?  

the 4k 2k is on windows and on my game.. if its not on windows and my game windows is slanted sideways and doesnt fit the screen along with the game not fitting in the middle of the screen edge to edge.. 
i will try increasting the antrosphic to x16 its on x8 i believe on my game.. and i i dont know what the "increasing ram memory speeds are" i will try to find a video about this 

i checked out some videos and even one from linus and they all pretty much say increasing ram speed has bad side effects.. as in crashing and serious boot-up problems and its pretty common issues when you increase your ram speed .. id be better off buying faster ram sticks than what i got.. i need to find a good motherboard that will work with my asus 1060 and a new processor thats for gaming.. i was told the intel i5 was still better than the i7 for gaming.. i think the equel to the i5 is the ryzen 5 core 

4 hours ago, Evilwendie413 said:

the 4k 2k is on windows and on my game.. if its not on windows and my game windows is slanted sideways and doesnt fit the screen along with the game not fitting in the middle of the screen edge to edge.. 
i will try increasting the antrosphic to x16 its on x8 i believe on my game.. and i i dont know what the "increasing ram memory speeds are" i will try to find a video about this 

i checked out some videos and even one from linus and they all pretty much say increasing ram speed has bad side effects.. as in crashing and serious boot-up problems and its pretty common issues when you increase your ram speed .. id be better off buying faster ram sticks than what i got.. i need to find a good motherboard that will work with my asus 1060 and a new processor thats for gaming.. i was told the intel i5 was still better than the i7 for gaming.. i think the equel to the i5 is the ryzen 5 core 

You are right with your assumptions though not entirely about ram speeds. 1066 is really really low, 1366 and 1600 are probably supported by your motherboard, cpu and ram sticks. If the speeds are supported then there is really not much where you can go wrong, e.g. if it fails, pc crashes there is really no harm done,  reset the speed back to a lower frequency and your done. The bios can be entered by pressing delete when your keyboard lights up for the first time during boot, there is a short notice for a couple of secs during the start of the boot where it even says on your screen - press delete to enter bios. The advantage of higher speeds is that both cpu and gpu will work more efficient and certainly when you stay in the legal range, settings speeds to 1600 is most of the time not regarded as ocing.

i5's are indeed good gaming cpu's and yes the ryzen 5 is amd's equivalent.   

On 1/28/2019 at 2:46 AM, Christiaan21-03 said:

You are right with your assumptions though not entirely about ram speeds. 1066 is really really low, 1366 and 1600 are probably supported by your motherboard, cpu and ram sticks. If the speeds are supported then there is really not much where you can go wrong, e.g. if it fails, pc crashes there is really no harm done,  reset the speed back to a lower frequency and your done. The bios can be entered by pressing delete when your keyboard lights up for the first time during boot, there is a short notice for a couple of secs during the start of the boot where it even says on your screen - press delete to enter bios. The advantage of higher speeds is that both cpu and gpu will work more efficient and certainly when you stay in the legal range, settings speeds to 1600 is most of the time not regarded as ocing.

i5's are indeed good gaming cpu's and yes the ryzen 5 is amd's equivalent.   

do you have an idea on a good motherboard? on another form i was told to get "X" but the motherboard only has 7 reviews and it didnt seem very good.. 
i want to upgrade it to ryzen 5 or more later and right now i got the 1060 but i want to upgrade to a 1080 ti or more later cause of the FPS problems with my big tv

i have my ryzen 5 connected to an aorus ultra gaming board. it is an x470 board which i choose because of the extra functionality and o.c. support. It was a fairly cheap board at 120 euro's. I usually tend to look at the lowest values of the top tier equipment they are selling. Mainly because i use my p.c. a lot but i tend to stay away from ridiculous oc behaviour and i favour good music. 
Asus is more or less recognized as one of the better motherboard producers, with MSI on its tale as an more cheaper offer. I'm not very familiar with the USA brands but i'm sure the big names in the brands all deliver quality, with differences as big as the differences with top athletes.

So far i'm satisfied with this little experiment of mine. If i would have bought into my safety zone i would have gone for an intel asus combination but i figured with those ryzen 5's so tempting prized this to be a good time to try something different.

Read a couple of reviews that go into depths about what amd motherboards fits best with your ryzen 5 and deduct from there. If you already have a clear indication about how much money you would like to spend you already have a firm base from which you can start your search. If you already have good experiences with a particular brand then your just as good as staying with that branch as with trying something different. In the normal price ranges differences are not that big, this really starts to be an issue if your a specialized user with specific needs.