LG 34GK950G-B screen blotches - NOT HAPPY!!

DigitalPixel

Today I received the LG 34GK950G-B. When I opened up the monitor the first thing I noticed was smudges all over the screen. It looked like the monitor was used but it came originally sealed in the box. A closer look with a light revealed blotches all over the entire panel. What is this??? The blotches will not come off.  I just e-mailed the electronics stores that I purchased it from and waiting on a response. I can't believe this high end monitor would come in this type of condition from the factory. Anyone ever receive a monitor in this condition?

20190110_181002.jpg

20190110_194022.jpg

Was there protective plastic all over it? Typically is w/ LG stuff. I've had like 20+ of their ultrawides and have never seen one come in that condition.

I would return it to the retailer. They may have gotten/accidentally given you a refurb unit.

There is no plastic on the panel. There is only plastic on the outside bezel. The box was sealed with one layer of tape so it was not opened before.

Doesn't look right to me and usually there would be a plastic piece covering the screen that you need to peel off.

36 minutes ago, DigitalPixel said:

Today I received the LG 34GK950G-B. When I opened up the monitor the first thing I noticed was smudges all over the screen. It looked like the monitor was used but it came originally sealed in the box. A closer look with a light revealed blotches all over the entire panel. What is this??? The blotches will not come off.  I just e-mailed the electronics stores that I purchased it from and waiting on a response. I can't believe this high end monitor would come in this type of condition from the factory. Anyone ever receive a monitor in this condition?

Whatever you have been sold was returned by someone else.

The monitor was wrapped in the white packing foam sleeve. Everything looked factory packaged and taped. This is my first LG so I don't know if they pack the monitors with that plastic on top of the panel like others.