installing windows 7 on asus fx503vd gaming laptop not possible

davekelly17
Go to solution Solved by porina,

It is no trivial task as you noticed. Easiest way is to install onto another a similar-ish system and transplant drive.

anybody prove me wrong that you can install windows 7 on asus fx503vd gaming laptop.

I have such laptop. Never tried to install Win7 on it myself, but can't see why not. Usually the biggest difficulty is getting USB drivers into the installer. Depending on your model, the CPU might not be officially supported by MS/Win7 so getting updates may require a hack. My Kaby Lake would be affected, but the laptop itself has a 100 series chipset which is no problem.

Probably would be easy to install (but not activate) on a donor system and transplant. I'm sure many here hate the sound of doing that, it works well for me in this scenario even going Intel to AMD platforms.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

7 hours ago, porina said:

Probably would be easy to install (but not activate) on a donor system and transplant. I'm sure many here hate the sound of doing that, it works well for me in this scenario even going Intel to AMD platforms.

Many, but not me. I recommend that method as simply solution for everyone who has problems with installing system on their own computers.

porina i really could use your help here if you do know how I tried usb I with csm on and off with gpt uefi usb

with gpt fat32 which gives me an error and with mbr uefi csm the options that do work only show the usb not the hard drive if anyone could maybe mod the drivers for me and I could slipstream them into the installation that would be greatly appreciated.

also am trying to do this in a dualboot configuration

It is no trivial task as you noticed. Easiest way is to install onto another a similar-ish system and transplant drive.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

ok I guess I will stick with windows 8 that works fine on it thanks

i declare this to be impossible without transplanting the drive from a similarish system which could work

23 hours ago, porina said:

never mind managed to get it installed had to track down a sata raid driver and theni= i could install.