Broken PSU?

Rabo

A few months ago my PC stops booting and instead just sits there with all the fans spun up but no display output. Trying to find the problem, I try my friend's compatible CPU and RAM in my system w/o drives or GPU and a different monitor connected to onboard graphics. Same thing. I assume this is a dead mobo so I buy a replacement. Same thing again. At this point I try my friend's PSU with my system as well as a different CPU heatsink, all resulting in the same thing. Is there any other possibility other than the power supply having fried both my old and new motherboard? As far as I'm aware I've completely exhausted any other potential problems, but I want to be absolutely sure before I commit to replacing it. If you're curious:

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

RAM: G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX

MB: Asrock AB350 ITX (previously), Asrock B450 ITX (currently)

Thanks for the help folks!

- rabo

- Räbo

3 hours ago, Rabo said:

Trying to find the problem, I try my friend's compatible CPU and RAM in my system w/o drives or GPU and a different monitor connected to onboard graphics

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

RAM: G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX

MB: Asrock AB350 ITX (previously), Asrock B450 ITX (currently)

What CPU were you using from your friend to test the system? Just to clarify; your Ryzen 5 1600 does not have integrated graphics so the display outputs on the motherboard will not work when using that CPU.

What graphics card do you have? You must have a graphics card if the system was working previously...
If you install your graphics card in to your friends system does it work when the monitor is plugged in to the graphics card?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450