Upgrading my motherboard, CPU, and RAM.

Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

I would run sysprep to make sure that all the old drivers are gone before moving your HDD over.

Beyond that, it should all be plug and play.

Hey,

I'm upgrading my CPU, motherboard and RAM from an FX 8120 to a Ryzen 2600, is there anything I should look out for? I will do that Microsoft disconnect thing so my Windows 10 doesn't lock to my old stuff. But other then that what do I do software wise? Windows should detect the new stuff and reinstall drivers but I don't know if I need to do anything else. Thanks everyone.

I would run sysprep to make sure that all the old drivers are gone before moving your HDD over.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Sounds good thank you

If you have a full Windows license you shouldn't need to do anything to get it to reactivate especially if you use a Microsoft account.  You'd just need to remove the old computer from your Microsoft account and disconnect it.

New problem. Everything was working great and I downloaded storeMI and got that working and now all of a sudden after putting my computer to sleep and turning it back on again it can't boot. I would really not like to have to format everything but I don't know what else to do