multiple temp questions

Flawizz

hey guys, im currently running Speccy and HWmonitor

speccy says my cpu is running at 100+ degrees while hw monitor shows around 50degrees, which one can i trust? 

also are my force mp300 nvme ssd temps normal? and why does speccy show my ram as 1599mhz? is it because its the half of 3200 and something to do with ddr?

Inkedansqmq_LI.jpg

Speccy is displaying incorrect stats. I would not trust it; hw monitor is definitely more credible imo

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

hwMonitor is correct, speccy is dumb

If you want extra confirmation, use Aida64

39-44c for the SSD are normal temperatures. For a SSD, up to around 55c it's all safe temperatures.

Yes, DDR is dual data ram, dual means there's a bit send on each edge of a pulse, hence you get 2 bits for every Hz ... so a "3200 Mhz" works in reality a 1600 Mhz

Are you using latest version of Speccy? It doesn't recognize RAM, so its obviously bugged out. HWmonitor shows correct here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/10/2019 at 10:39 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Are you using latest version of Speccy? It doesn't recognize RAM, so its obviously bugged out. HWmonitor shows correct here.

yes, latest version :)

1 hour ago, Flawizz said:

yes, latest version :)

That's odd. It has some bug then.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you want to be really sure you can always boot to your watch your bootmenu right? they should be the right temps… Speccy averages my cpu around 80 on idle, iobit and bios say its around 30ish