Bought used 1080ti - loud fans

Heywhatsup

Hey there, I just recently bought a used Gigabyte 1080 ti oc gaming edition for $500 and the performance is great but the card runs very hot, around 70-80 degrees Celsius at 60-80% usage, roughly 15 degrees Celsius higher than my friend who has a EVGA 1080 ti FTW3. I know these temperatures aren't terrible but I can't stand the fan volume. When the fans ramp up to 55-60%, they're VERY loud and I can hear them through my headset while playing games.

I can probably return this to the person I bought it from if needed.

Is there something I can do to improve these temperatures and not need to turn fans past 55%? Would moving to a new case like the Lian Li 011 with ~6 fans make a significant improvement or will this not be enough? I was planning on getting this case eventually anyways. My current case uses the original 3 fans. 

Thanks.

The FTW3 Is a MUCH larger cooler in terms of thickness, and has better fans overall. If you honestly want quiet you can get a NZXT g12 Bracket, and a NZXT AIO and get even better performance then your friend while being quieter. It requires full dissassembly of your card however. 

Honestly 70-80 is barely different then 55-65 in terms of performance, Just a few power steps.

Oh I didn't know you could do that, never seen it before.

And the temperature itself doesn't bother me, it's the fan speed that I have to maintain to keep the temps from going higher than 70-80...So I guess the real question is if I should do what you recommended with the AIO and bracket or just return this and find a quieter one, because at the end they'll both be at the same price considering a kraken + bracket are ~$200.

Actually...While on the topic of liquid cooling, I've been thinking about custom liquid cooling my PC for a while. I couldn't really find any compatible GPU blocks for this 1080 ti though. EKWB only offers a half sized GPU block and Phanteks discontinued their compatible one. Do you know if there's anywhere I can find one? Because in that case, I'd be able to just fully liquid cool everything in one go and not have to waste money on the AIO.

I have to get going for the night so thanks in advance for any answers.