Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC RAM slot issue

tldr:  I got a bad motherboard which ruined some RAM.  MSI's offered to send me a used-refurbished motherboard in exchange for me sending the bad motherboard at my cost and for me to deal with the ruined RAM on my own.

I purchased a Z370I MSI motherboard and 1080 ti via a combo deal in the middle of last year during the height of the crypto currency craziness. 

I wasn't that interested in the motherboard and knew the motherboard and kept it around, unopened, until I could find a use for it.    
Fast forward to December when I wanted to build a computer to sell in order to get rid of some extra parts.

After putting the computer together it wouldn't boot. I removed, replaced and swapped parts around (including the RAM modules) and it still wouldn't boot.  I installed another kit of RAM and the computer finally booted after removing the RAM module closest to the CPU.  It seems the RAM slot nearest the CPU was the issue and it might be ruining modules placed in it.  I still wasn't convinced it was the motherboard and moved the CPU to another miniITX motherboard.  I placed the original kit of RAM in it and it didn't boot I swapped them around and still no luck.  I installed the second kit and it still wouldn't boot. I removed one module at a time and it would boot with one module, but not the other.  It seems it was indeed the motherboard and unfortunately a bad RAM slot was ruining any RAM module placed in it.

I submitted an RMA request and included a line about the motherboard ruining RAM modules placed in it.  I got a prompt response from MSI with directions to

pack the motherboard up and ship it. Two things I noticed in the directions where:

"All Motherboards/VGA RMA Replacements will be certified refurbished."

So I would be getting back a used motherboard instead of a new one.

" You are responsible for the one-way shipping cost from your end to MSI."

And I would have to pay for shipping.

Finally when I asked about my ruined RAM modules I was told:

"
Please contact the RAM manufacture for warranty service"

I sent a follow up e-mail on the 3rd of January and haven't heard anything back, yet.  I said getting a used refurbished motherboard wasn't acceptable and neither was having to contact the RAM manufacturer for modules ruined by the MSI motherboard. I asked to return the motherboard and the RAM so they could see the motherboard was ruining the RAM modules and for them to replace the RAM and keep their refurbished motherboard.

I've not heard anything back, yet. 

The point of me typing this post out is to see if I'm over-reacting. 

Replacing the new motherboard with a used refurbished one and telling me I'm on my own about the RAM ruined by the bad motherboard just doesn't seem right to me.  I sure as hell wouldn't put another $150+ kit of RAM into any MSI motherboard if I'm on my own if the RAM is ruined by the motherboard.

What do you think?

Dang.. That sounds bad respond by MSI. I also use the exact same motherboard as yours. If something happen and I have to RMA it (hopefully not) I'm worry getting the same respond.. That must be suck.. Idk if other manufacturers will do the same or better if this kind of thing happen.

Fight for it dude..!

Getting a refurbished as a replacement seems unprofessional in my opinion..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs: