Wireless or Wired under 50$?

Cheesus182

Hey guys,

The cable of my Sony earphones just broke after 5 years. Of course right as I'm sitting at the airport waiting to board....but that's besides the point.

I need to order some new earphones and I'm not sure what to go with. I've been tempted by a pair of Bluetooth earphones but since my budget is somewhat below 50$, I don't really know if that's worthwhile.

Looking at wired earphones I'd be tempted to buy these Sony ones again since they have been great over the years and are the only ones that manage really good bass without ruining highs.

Would love to have some recommendations for both, wired and wireless earphones under 50$. Maybe there is something better than my current Sony's.

Earphones only please, I listen to music on the go and headphones are too bulky for me.

Thanks guys!

i got my Studio Nivå's for €50 used, they are very nice with good isolation, very good sound and decent battery life

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 1/8/2019 at 12:20 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

i got my Studio Nivå's for €50 used, they are very nice with good isolation, very good sound and decent battery life

3.5 hours of battery live sounds painful to be honest. 

18 hours ago, Exaco said:

Wired ofcourse ( detachable wire ), so you should get better audio quality ( bluetooth chips etc costs so ).
https://sites.google.com/view/headphoneadvice/iem-earbuds/category-100 

On another hand you can get these Wireless Apple Earbuds, they're good in sound just looks lame.

No idea where you found that site but that's awesome. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Cheesus182 said:

3.5 hours of battery live sounds painful to be honest. 

It is if you travel long distances but for my daily comutes and school the battery case keeps them going no problem for a week or so

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 hours ago, Cheesus182 said:

No idea where you found that site but that's awesome. Thank you!

On Audiophile reddit, admin linked me to this, but yeah that site is awesome, there's list of headphones that alot of users tested and recommends it. ( these recommendations is community based ).