my new pc freezes?

flashiling

hello people.

i got myself a beast of a pc after my birthday and a lot of saving.

however my pc is freezing some times. it can occur while playing games or when browsing youtube, and i dont know what's happending.

i did a disk check (dskchk on both my ssd's) and it said no problems were found.

i updated my windows and the drivers for my motherboard.

my nvidia gforce experience says i have the latest drivers for my 2080.

i have 16GB of ram and the task manager doesn't say that too much ram is being used (usage has never been over 10Gb)

And the temperature on my gpu is never over 55 and never over 60 on my cpu

i will list my entire spec below if it could help.

so yea, i've contacted the people i bought the pc from but if anyone knows how to solve this problem please help me.

(apparently it happened to my friend aswell who's got the same ssd as me but hes got an intel cpu and a 1070 instead)

GPU: RTX 2080

CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 2700x

Cooler: Cryorig H7

M-Board: MSI B450m

Ram: Gskill ripjawz 16gb

SSD: 2x 480Gb kingston A400 (no HDD)

PSU: Corsair RM750x

Case: NZXT H500

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

17 minutes ago, flashiling said:

hello people.

i got myself a beast of a pc after my birthday and a lot of saving.

however my pc is freezing some times. it can occur while playing games or when browsing youtube, and i dont know what's happending.

i did a disk check (dskchk on both my ssd's) and it said no problems were found.

i updated my windows and the drivers for my motherboard.

my nvidia gforce experience says i have the latest drivers for my 2080.

i have 16GB of ram and the task manager doesn't say that too much ram is being used (usage has never been over 10Gb)

And the temperature on my gpu is never over 55 and never over 60 on my cpu

i will list my entire spec below if it could help.

so yea, i've contacted the people i bought the pc from but if anyone knows how to solve this problem please help me.

(apparently it happened to my friend aswell who's got the same ssd as me but hes got an intel cpu and a 1070 instead)

GPU: RTX 2080

CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 2700x

Cooler: Cryorig H7

M-Board: MSI B450m

Ram: Gskill ripjawz 16gb

SSD: 2x 480Gb kingston A400 (no HDD)

PSU: Corsair RM750x

Case: NZXT H500

now don't quote me on this but I think the problem is that your installing everything onto one SSD, try moving every program (except system files) to your second SSD, I also would recommend that you get a HDD as well because not only are they easy to get for price and stock amount, and besides they have higher capacity for storage and maybe put less stress on the SSD

1 minute ago, Pumpkinboat746 said:

now don't quote me on this but I think the problem is that your installing everything onto one SSD, try moving every program (except system files) to your second SSD, I also would recommend that you get a HDD as well because not only are they easy to get for price and stock amount, and besides they have higher capacity for storage 

i have windows on one SSD (plus games not from steam/bnet) which takes 124gb

and i have games from steam/bnet on my other which uses 380-430 (cant remember the exact amount)

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

When it freezes, does it unlock a few seconds later or are you forced to reset? Does it BSOD? What is in the system event log before/after freezes?

4 minutes ago, flashiling said:

i have windows on one SSD (plus games not from steam/bnet) which takes 124gb

and i have games from steam/bnet on my other which uses 380-430 (cant remember the exact amount)

pretty much anything should be on a separate drive when there is system files on it 

2 minutes ago, PalladianPD said:

When it freezes, does it unlock a few seconds later or are you forced to reset? Does it BSOD? What is in the system event log before/after freezes?

i've tried twice where it bluescreened but it often unfreezes after 3-15 seconds
and it said something about ts.sys and another thing that articles said was because i had fast startup on but nothing happend

11 minutes ago, Pumpkinboat746 said:

now don't quote me on this but I think the problem is that your installing everything onto one SSD, try moving every program (except system files) to your second SSD, I also would recommend that you get a HDD as well because not only are they easy to get for price and stock amount, and besides they have higher capacity for storage and maybe put less stress on the SSD

I bought my first SSD in 2015 and since then I've always ran with a single SSD in my build and no other storage.

I have Windows, all my programs, games and even photos and music all on a single drive. It's literally never been an issue.
My old 256GB SSD is now in my sisters PC, I'm running a 500GB one and a 128GB one in my laptop. None of these have other drives.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

2 minutes ago, Pumpkinboat746 said:

pretty much anything should be on a separate drive when there is system files on it 

also happened before i put anything else on the drive with system files. it happened since day one but i thought it was because i used an old tv form 2008

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

also happened before i put anything else on the drive with system files. it happened since day one but i thought it was because i used an old tv form 2008

the monitor is never the problem unless its broken

1 minute ago, Pumpkinboat746 said:

the monitor is never the problem unless its broken

yea. but considering the tv was 10 years old i thought that it wasn't a pc problem and it was just a slow monitor some times. rn im on a 144hz g-sync monitor.

but im still unaware of what's causing the problem

3 minutes ago, flashiling said:

i've tried twice where it bluescreened but it often unfreezes after 3-15 seconds
and it said something about ts.sys and another thing that articles said was because i had fast startup on but nothing happend

can you possibly switch the system files to the other ssd?

I've found that people recommend updating the firmware. One guy had an issue a power plan in Windows but since your friend has an Intel CPU I'm leaning towards a firmware issue with the SSD.

Here's more information about doing the update:

https://www.storagereview.com/how_to_upgrade_kingston_ssd_firmware

(Make sure to backup any really important files, just in case. Even if nothing happens, it's always nice to know you won't lose anything.)

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

3 minutes ago, Pumpkinboat746 said:

can you possibly switch the system files to the other ssd?

have tried but didn't work.

32 minutes ago, Pumpkinboat746 said:

I know this is irrelevant but should I upgrade from a GTX 770 2gb?

depends on what you want to play if you want high fps and graphics then go for a 1070

• 2 weeks later...

I came back to this topic and for about 20 minutes of thinking, could it possibly be a driver installation issue? like whenever installing a driver update you should always go, Custom Installation then when it asks what extras to be installed click clean installation in the bottom left corner, if your drivers are up to date then try reinstalling them

Stuttering with bluescreens normally point towards RAM or a CPU error, but 90% of the time it would be ram.
It's not your storage. Doesn't matter if you have the slowest drive on the planet you still won't stutter or bluescreen.

Best thing would be to find your bsod dumps and read them using something like bluescreenview.
It will tell you what most likely caused the crash.
Let us know what it says.

It's not a race to the bottom.