GTX 970 help

Deathop_terokkar

Alright so about a little over a year ago one of my friends gave mme his GTX 970 when he upgraded to a 1080ti. Jump to now and both of the fans have simultaneously died. Now I have two small case fans attached to it to keep it atleast somewhat cool while playing games. I was looking for recommendations on what to do going forward. I haven't bought a new graphics card since the Sapphire HD 7950 and honestly have really no experience in this. I was wondering what card would be a decent replacer. I'm looking for atleast slightly better performance than the 970 but at a pretty low price. (for exact info it's a Zotac GTX 970 with 4GB of memory)

Honestly, if you're happy with the 970, just replace the two fans that are on it with some case fans, lots of people have done it with pretty good results.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

If you want to keep using the card, you're already doing one option in modifying case fans to cool it. 

It might take some detective work but it is possible to find replacement fans on the likes of ebay. If you take the failed fans out, look on them for a part number to search. Assuming you can find a replacement you can decide if it is worth it for the price.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Replacing the fans isn't a bad idea, but in order to know what is a good replacement, you should list what resolution you're playing at, what CPU you have, and what games you play.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Sorry for the late reply, got busy. Currently I like to play games such as PUBG, Fallout76, World of Warcraft, and occasionally League. I have a AMD FX-8350 Black Edition currently, But I'm looking to upgrade my system soon to a Ryzen 5 2600x. Mostly looking to update my system somewhat and bring more up to date as the last meaningful upgrade (other than the GPU) was in 2013.