First build

Yogi53

I've been watching the YouTube channel for Linus tech tips for awhile and learning as much as possible about PC's but I need some recommendations because I have never built a PC before. I'm about to start my second semester of college and I need a PC that can work hard but I also want to be able to play some Skyrim or Witcher 3. Would 750 us dollars be a reasonable budget? I don't have a keyboard, mouse, or monitor either. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Yogi53

location?

1 minute ago, Yogi53 said:

Would 750 be a reasonable budget?

us dollars? canadian dollars? pounds? euro's? bananas?

If you don't have anything and $750 is for everything, I'd look for a 2nd hand tower for like $600 and use the rest for peripherals.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 hours ago, Yogi53 said:

I've been watching the YouTube channel for Linus tech tips for awhile and learning as much as possible about PC's but I need some recommendations because I have never built a PC before. I'm about to start my second semester of college and I need a PC that can work hard but I also want to be able to play some Skyrim or Witcher 3. Would 750 be a reasonable budget? I don't have a keyboard, mouse, or monitor either. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

If you need a monitor and all peripherals and you can only spend $750, this is what you're looking atm. If you can't squeeze another 30 bucks get an RX 570 instead.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

3 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

If you don't have anything and $750 is for everything, I'd look for a 2nd hand tower for like $600 and use the rest for peripherals.

Uh, no. Just have to go cheap.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

Just now, tomswife said:

If you need a monitor and all peripherals and you can only spend $750, this is what you're looking atm. If you can't squeeze another 30 bucks get an RX 570 instead.

you still got some things to learn my friend... brb, I'll make my own

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

you still got some things to learn my friend... brb, I'll make my own

I'm not that smart. Just trying to help, lol.

4 minutes ago, tomswife said:

I'm not that smart. Just trying to help, lol.

you didn't do THAT bad... it's just included some changes I really wouldn't take, that psu for example...

this will be my take

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

you didn't do THAT bad... it's just included some changes I really wouldn't take, that psu for example...

this will be my take

Makes sense.

And OP, if you really don't play AAA games then you can get the 2400G (then you don't need rx 580/570) and save some money (or get better parts so you can upgrade later) which plays games pretty well, honestly. Would handle games like CSGO/Crossout/LoL pretty well. Not really recommended, though. BUT, it does work. Just built a 2200G for step-daughter.

Just now, tomswife said:

Makes sense.

And OP, if you really don't play AAA games then you can get the 2400G (then you don't need rx 580/570) and save some money (or get better parts so you can upgrade later) which plays games pretty well, honestly. Would handle games like CSGO/Crossout/LoL pretty well.

2400g can't justify the cost for me... I would personally step down to a 2200g, does light gaming pretty well too

second hand (consumer or server) hardware is a option too

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

2400g can't justify the cost for me... I would personally step down to a 2200g, does light gaming pretty well too

second hand (consumer or server) hardware is a option too

The 2400g is literally what the i7 just use to be not even that long ago, maybe with a slightly slower IPC, but with way better graphics. I don't see any issue with it if you don't care about a dedicated GPU. The 2200G I just built and used for a week myself while building mine kind of used to much of the processor for my liking (not sure how to say it, the cpu usage was too high for needs). I like to leave some headroom.. 

Thank you everyone for the advice it really helps to know I'm making an educated build.