Fatal Error Could Not Find steamui.dll (SOLVED)

ch3w2oy

EDIT: I finally found a fix! There is no answer online that helped me so I hope this thread can be found on the Googlez. Replacing that file is not the solution, for me. If nothing else works try this:

1. Reinstall Windows. (not sure if necessary but I did anyway, you can try following these steps first).

2. Install Steam on another computer, copy all files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam to flash drive

3. Create folder in computer (in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam') you want Steam and transfer those files to that folder

3a. Download and install Visual C++ 2015, both X64 and X86

4. Try running Steam. If you get an error, proceed below.

5. Browse back to Steam folder and delete the folders "bin" and "package"

6. If you get more errors like me, you need to download vui2_s.dll and filesystem_stdio_dll.html (those links are safe).

7. Extract only the DLL files in each zip file and copy them to (you may need to remake the folder) "bin" located in the Steam directory

8. Restart Windows

9. Run Steam.

Good Luck!

So I deleted all of the Visual Studio C++ because the software for my mouse wouldn't work and it wouldn't install the right C++ as a different version already existed. So I just deleted them all (this is a fairly recent install of windows, so I didn't care, but now I do, lol) and thought that reinstalling Steam (Valve) would reinstall the C++ it needs to function. Now I can't figure out how to run Steam, it wont even install all of the files needed and I'm prompted with this error after trying to install it: 

Fatal Error

steamui.dll could not be found

I know if I did a fresh install of Windows it will probably fix this issue, but I really just did that like 10 times and I'm tired of re-installing everything. Like, there has to be a way and Google is not helping. Like how can I make Steam think it never existed on this computer so it installs the C++ like it did the very first time I installed it. I just don't get it and there is NO answer on Google. 

Stupid.

Any help appreciated!!! Thanks ?

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

For program removal I use a program called "Revo Uninstaller".  I like it because it removes everything including any subfolders and everything under those folders.  It will also remove any registry entries so that hidden stuff doesn't get left behind.  You can find it at www.revouninstaller.com.  I believe there is a free version or at least there was the last time I downloaded it because I'm still using it.  Good luck and hope you had a Happy New Year.

10 minutes ago, Saksham said:

delete the steam folder in programfiles(x86)

With Windows, just deleting the folder does not make everything disappear.  There is more crap hidden all over the drive when you just delete something.  Using the programs uninstall feature is better than just deletion because most of the time it will leave files and just fragmented all thru your system.