GPU DRIVER HELP!

LuckyOne

Need help! Geforce Experience wont launch and I need to update my drivers. Just put in my GTX 1050 (Not a ti) Help?

image.png.3423d332daf195bc2992df7c98fafd5f.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

28 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Update your drivers then?

What happens when you try to launch geoforce experience?

Basically Nothing. And Um How do I update drivers if it dont launch? 

Yeah definitely delete GeForce Experience. It's terrible and just takes up space

24 minutes ago, LuckyOne said:

How do I know what series?

Its the Geforce 10 Series the GTX 1050 and select your OS

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

Just now, Maxisthemoose said:

Its the Geforce 10 Seriese the GTX 1050 and select your OS

How do I find out the OS? Im pretty sure im 64 bit 

Just now, LuckyOne said:

How do I know what series?

Just click on the "Reveal hidden contents" and you'll see what you need.

Your card is GTX 10 series since it's 1050.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

1 minute ago, LuckyOne said:

How do I find out the OS? Im pretty sure im 64 bit 

Search "Info" Into your windows search bar and go to System Info and Under System Type It will show

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

1 minute ago, Maxisthemoose said:

Search "Info" Into your windows search bar and go to System Info and Under System Type It will show

Im downloading

5 minutes ago, LuckyOne said:

Im downloading

You should probably Uninstall your old drivers first with DDU

a little late 

Here is a link to it if you want. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

14 minutes ago, LuckyOne said:

a little late 

Lol sorry

Im downloading

In case you need help installing it, here's how: (text is in Hungarian but, it's straightforward)

Spoiler

image.png.fddef6a901ef58a5575b85cc5ab04536.png

Just click lick OK here

image.png.66eb73747a8308df42b9cf2d6f5835d6.png

If you want to keep Geforce Experience then, select the first option. Otherwise the second.

image.png.5401a69e19ddd6bfab87a47160c658f3.png

Here you can just click next.

Then you are done. Restart your PC and it's all up to date.

2 minutes ago, Maxisthemoose said:

What is the deal with that DDU????

I have changed tones of gpu's red to green and green to red.... i have never used this and never had any issues!!!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I have changed tones of gpu's red to green and green to red.... i have never used this and never had any issues!!!!

Im not sure. Personally I recommend it because I have had problems switching from a 1060 to a 1070 ti. I guess some people don't get those problems

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

It's useful if you are having issues with wonky drivers but, it's not necessary. The driver installer itself has a "clean install" option now which is nice.

To be honest, I never needed DDU but, it is a good tool.

5 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

It's useful if you are having issues with wonky drivers but, it's not necessary. The driver installer itself has a "clean install" option now which is nice.

To be honest, I never needed DDU but, it is a good tool.

6 minutes ago, Maxisthemoose said:

Im not sure. Personally I recommend it because I have had problems switching from a 1060 to a 1070 ti. I guess some people don't get those problems

Im still having issues. Geforce experience still isnt working? How do I know my drivers and such is up to date

(edit: yes I restarted my pc)

Im still having issues. Geforce experience still isnt working? How do I know my drivers and such is up to date

I dont recommend GeForce Experience.

I dont recommend GeForce Experience.

what other way can I tell my stuff is working and I'm all set to go? 

Just now, LuckyOne said:

Your driver is definitely up to date since you just updated it but, if you want to make sure just go to programs in settings and search for Nvidia.

Spoiler

image.png.6fab1737f9257a8b22242c1308686a70.png

You'll see the version number next to it. In this case, it's 417.35

Also, just delete Geforce Experience and download the latest drivers every now and then,

Just now, LuckyOne said:

what other way can I tell my stuff is working and I'm all set to go? 

Well I mean, if you just installed the latest drivers I would say your all good. Also if you want to keep GeForce Experience then try reinstalling it

1 minute ago, Cyberspirit said:

Your driver is definitely up to date since you just updated it but, if you want to make sure just go to programs in settings and search for Nvidia.

Hide contents

image.png.6fab1737f9257a8b22242c1308686a70.pngso

You'll see the version number next to it. In this case, it's 417.35

Also, just delete Geforce Experience and download the latest drivers every now and then,

image.png.26953b512e8305d2dcd2a1c751c310e5.pngso Im good? And also what if I wanna use shadowplay? One of the main reasons I bought the gpu for? 

image.png

2 minutes ago, LuckyOne said:

so Im good? And also what if I wanna use shadowplay? One of the main reasons I bought the gpu for?

I don't know much about recording but, there are better alternatives out there for sure.

If you have a use for Geforce Experience then, keep it. It's just generally considered bloatware and useless.