Render Farm (DaVinci Resolve)

Axeoasis

I've been doing some video editing for my video channel with DaVinci Resolve, and currently have some spare computers i'd like to use (Both have 8GB DDR3 ram, one with an AMD cpu the other with an Intel) to help render projects on my main rig. Both of the spare PC's are running windows 7 pro.

In a sense, i'd basically like to be able to make a render farm over the wifi network, and have DaVinci Resolve (or a 3rd party program) to utilize the spare PC's over the network.

I'm not interested in moving from Resolve to another editing program, so if i have to get something that works alongside Resolve (or takes the project file and does it itself, completely outside of Resolve) i wouldn't mind. I've heard that some adobe suite programs have this functionality although outside of this info i'm lost. Any help is appreciated!

There is no easy way to cluster. You can have it render parts of the project on seprate systems, and then put it together when there all done.

Normally for video editing clustering won't help, you just don't spend that much time exporting(how long are your exports)

Clustering over wifi is gonna be bad anyways

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

There is no easy way to cluster. You can have it render parts of the project on seprate systems, and then put it together when there all done.

Normally for video editing clustering won't help, you just don't spend that much time exporting(how long are your exports)

Clustering over wifi is gonna be bad anyways

so do you think it's worth doing different parts of the video? This is one of my videos, they tend to be about 12-25 minutes, all in the 60FPS and 1080p range: 

1 hour ago, Axeoasis said:

so do you think it's worth doing different parts of the video? This is one of my videos, they tend to be about 12-25 minutes, all in the 60FPS and 1080p range: 

Your not saving that much time. Really if you want it faster, just get a single faster system.

One option is to have projects on shared drives and running rendering on another machine. This will be few steps more obviously, but has benefit of having main rig available for editing while secondary is rendering.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv