$1500 PC build was amazing! But no Puget?

Jeffosoft

As a long time viewer and LTT being a long time promoter of Puget. I would love to have seen Puget included in the $1500 PC build challenge.

It would have been a excellent opportunity to explain their pricing and what they offer customers.

As they seem to be extremely over priced to most users without explanation and likely would have the least PC hardware for the budget. 

It would be Intresting to hear LTTs take on the ever going debate about why they charge $1200 for parts that sell for $600 off the shelf.

1 hour ago, Jeffosoft said:

Puget

Is that the PC maker?

If I recall they make really spec'd out pc's.

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

same reason as why all prebuilders charge more: how do you pay the workers and the company expenses? ._.

also don't forget that Puget's unique in the sense that they review new hardware with workstation programs (they do articles on their website), and does a fair bit of consultancy for clients.

I appreciate your response, although you seem unfamiliar with the debate on Pugets pricing practices. I disagree that consulting work or hardware reviews should have any reflection on consumer level pricing on their products, they are in the system building business they should be expected to keep up with standards by default. 

All the same I’d like to see their $1500 offering and spot test their customer service. To see if it’s everything they say it is and what people pay for.

Their website and it’s features leave a lot to be desired for one. It would be interesting to see Linus have a no bias take on it.

Realistically it won’t happen but it would have been intresting.

2 hours ago, Jeffosoft said:

As a long time viewer and LTT being a long time promoter of Puget. I would love to have seen Puget included in the $1500 PC build challenge.

They chose 2 system integrators to represent 3 categories of builders, ranging from the big players (HP, Dell), medium sized (iBuyPower, CyberPower), and boutique (Origin, Maingear). There's plenty of SIs that weren't featured, such as Puget, NZXT BLD, Acer, Lenovo, DigitalStorm, Walmart, etc. They were spending their own money on the systems, so it would be very expensive to buy $1500 computers from every system integrator. It would also take much longer to review all the different options and go through the process with dozens of SIs, meaning it would take a lot longer to make the videos.

Video queued up to where Ivan explains their process.

Maybe they'll do it again in the future and might consider Puget systems then?

I just ran through Pugetsystems configurator, and it appears the cheapest custom system they offer is over $1600 for a i5 8400 running integrated graphics. So it seems that they would not be able to compete in a $1500 pre built challenge.
MSI Z390 Edge motherboard, i5 8400, 16GB of RAM, No graphics card, 250GB 860 Evo, EVGA G2 550W, Corsair H60 cooler. $1609 on Puget systems configurator.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, Jeffosoft said:

I would love to have seen Puget included in the $1500 PC build challenge.

Puget also doesn't really cater to people like us from what I recall.

I would have liked to see NZXT BLD over Puget, especially since they make systems with specific budgets in mind that don't cost too much more than buying the parts yourself.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would have liked to see NZXT BLD over Puget, especially since they make systems with specific budgets in mind that don't cost too much more than buying the parts yourself.

NZXT BLD seems to be becoming a popular choice. They're doing a lot of what I consider to be smart sponsorship deals with popular Twitch streamers, so obviously whenever someone is watching these super popular twitch streamers play PC games and want to buy maybe their first gaming PC they're seeing ads for NZXT BLD.

I'd be surprised if LTT did another series of this and NZXT BLD wasn't featured.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450