Program to allow multiple users to edit a video simultaneously

Hannin

Hi folks, as the title mentions I'm looking for a program that can allow two users to edit a video (hosted locally on a NAS) at the same time. I've looked around and found that GoTeam explicitly doesn't support this, and Adobe's answer is.. vague. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I belive that davinchi resolve has what your looking for. not sure if it works with the free vision or if that's exclusive to the paid one.

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic 

8 minutes ago, Hannin said:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

I think what you are going to encounter is the way Windows itself handles "open" files, and locks them to a single user, especially across a network.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

"When you’re ready to share changes as a new version with collaborators, an infinite-level versioning system makes it simple to quickly share a new version and collaborate on work in progress."

Sounds like its a cloud service that helps you bounce the project back and forth vs a google docs type thing

6 minutes ago, Teradore said:

I belive that davinchi resolve has what your looking for. not sure if it works with the free vision or if that's exclusive to the paid one.

I'll check that out, thank you! I should also add that price isn't much of an issue, this will be used for SMB scale work.

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I think what you are going to encounter is the way Windows itself handles "open" files, and locks them to a single user, especially across a network.

Ah, right. I'm unfamiliar with the world of video editing, but I was thinking it would be similar to how GitHub sends out copies of the master then merges the changes that are sent back.