Overclock failed with no overclock

Ever since I installed an NVME 970 evo (cloned from SSD Samsung 850)  my computer (very irregular and infrequently) will boot and have this issue, monitor will be black. The computer will then turn itself off then reboot and say overclock has failed. It then will run perfectly fine with no preformance issues. The only thing that is "overclocked" per say is the ram which with XMP on is running at it's rated speed of 3200 MHz. 

Let me know if you have any ideas, I don't think it's the the ram as the issue started first boot after the NVME drive was installed with no prior issues. 

System specs: 
i5 6600k (stock)
Msi z170 m7 (latest bios)
16 gb (4x 4gb sticks 3200mhz xmp on) 
Msi 1070 gaming x
Samsung 970 evo plugged into slot 2 on the motherboard. sata lanes 5-6 turned off. 

Anything over 2133Mhz memory speed is an overclock for Skylake. Do you have any issues with XMP off? Skylake CPUs are the first generation to use DDR4, so it's possible that your IMC can't handle 3200Mhz.

When you get the overclock failed message in POST, is your memory speed reset to stock? You can verify with CPU-Z.

2 minutes ago, badreg said:

Anything over 2133Mhz memory speed is an overclock for Skylake. Do you have any issues with XMP off?

It is so infrequent that it's hard to tell 

Easiest way to tell if you are stable with XMP on is to run memtest86. If you pass without any errors, then it's a BIOS issue, which you can more or less disregard since you are not experiencing any other symptoms. Otherwise, you'll need to reduce the memory speed or loosen timings until you are stable.

4 minutes ago, badreg said:

Easiest way to tell if you are stable with XMP on is to run memtest86. If you pass without any errors, then it's a BIOS issue, which you can more or less disregard since you are not experiencing any other symptoms. Otherwise, you'll need to reduce the memory speed or loosen timings until you are stable.

How do I set up memtest? 

The only question I have is that why would the issue start as soon as I plugged in the nvme drive? 

59 minutes ago, badreg said:

https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Download the free version and load it on a USB drive. Instructions should be included with the download.

I ran memtest and there were 0 issues with the ram 

39 minutes ago, Jacobh said:

I ran memtest and there were 0 issues with the ram 

Did you do the default settings (four runs of all 13 tests), and were you testing at 3200Mhz? If so, then your RAM is fine, and this is just a BIOS issue that you can disregard.

4 minutes ago, badreg said:

Did you do the default settings (four runs of all 13 tests), and were you testing at 3200Mhz? If so, then your RAM is fine, and this is just a BIOS issue that you can disregard.

Default settings. I just clicked "Run test" and ran 3 of the four with no errors XMP on running at 3200 MHz I think it is just a BIOS issue with my NVME drive.