One+ 6t Vs. Xiaomi mi mix 3

Ashtried

So.., I like both but to anyone who has one or both of them for that matter what do you think? Which should I shoot for.

Also thank to all who apply

Depends what points are important for you.

Without any infos, your question can't be answered at all, and just naming an entirely different phone without any explaination isn't helpful either.

Since you probably want to stick to Android:

Mi Mix 3 has a nice Slider design, just to not use the Notch. I personally hate it beeing a slider. It collects Dust, will not be dust/water resistant AT ALL, and the mechanism could break eventually. But it's just opinion.

Other than that: You get MIUI, a rather small 3200 mAh Battery, and Qi Charging.

Oneplus 6t on the other hand has OxygenOS, in my opinion the best Android UI you can get. Clean, with good features/additions at the right places, optimized for speed and efficiency, very nice update speeds and longetivity (The 2016 Oneplus 3 will still get Andorid Pie, and have the "latest OS version" for over 3 years of it's life time. That is nice for an Android phone).

6T won't have a notification LED, and no Qi Charging. But instead, a very fast Dash Charging, a very small notch (doesn't bother me at all), and a bigger 3700 mAh battery with a sick battery Life (7-8+ Hours screen on time are no problem).

Also, the 6t is (inofficially) somewhat IP-protected, and less heavy. And, it has a silent-slider which no other phone has. Quite convenient in my Opinion.

i think, the Mix 3 is interesting for people with a Notch allergy, who absolutely HATE that for whatever Reason, and a notch phone is a no-go. That Slider mechanism is a solid aproach to this. But it does have disadvantages.

If you do not "need" this, i think it's too expensive. Xiaomi Mi 8 is similar from specs, has a notch (deactivate it,a nd "live" with a black bar..), but costs like 150-200 bucks less.

Other than that: Depending what's important to you, and what points are not, the Oneplus 6t is an incredibly good device for the next 2-3 years, that can do much more, than many think. ^^

@Jack The Banana Developer yea... no. The iPhone X is not "best phone tho". There is alot more to that, than 2 words.

Even more, since a better Xs and Xs Max came out.

But no, if any phone deserves the "best phone", it will be the galaxy Note 9. This phone does "check most boxes", as MKBHD said so well.

But what's "best", depends on every persons personal taste and opinion.

Just like there is no best shoe in the world. Or best Car.

And popularity has NOTHING to do with a useless Benchmark Number ?

iPhone X / Xs / Xr series are great phones - if you prefer iOS.

If you don't care if it's iOS or Android, or if you prefer Android, you can get just as much "smartphone" for less than Half the price.

I paid 579€ for my Oneplus 6t. If someone would trade his iPhone Xs (Max) with 256-512 gb storage for it, without me paying extra on top of that, i would do that, just to sell the iphone, and re-buy the Oneplus.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Banana Developer said:

LOOOOOOOL wtf???? why that phone not more popular then??? ??????

I don't even know. cpu performence is less (about 2000 more for the XS (not even the x))

I honnestly don't even know. and people call me stupid for getting a "iphone x knockoff"

1 minute ago, Darkseth said:

Depends what points are important for you.

Without any infos, your question can't be answered at all, and just naming an entirely different phone without any explaination isn't helpful either.

Since you probably want to stick to Android:

Mi Mix 3 has a nice Slider design, just to not use the Notch. I personally hate it beeing a slider. It collects Dust, will not be dust/water resistant AT ALL, and the mechanism could break eventually. But it's just opinion.

Other than that: You get MIUI, a rather small 3200 mAh Battery, and Qi Charging.

Oneplus 6t on the other hand has OxygenOS, in my opinion the best Android UI you can get. Clean, with good features/additions at the right places, optimized for speed and efficiency, very nice update speeds and longetivity (The 2016 Oneplus 3 will still get Andorid Pie, and have the "latest OS version" for over 3 years of it's life time. That is nice for an Android phone).

6T won't have a notification LED, and no Qi Charging. But instead, a very fast Dash Charging, a very small notch (doesn't bother me at all), and a bigger 3700 mAh battery with a sick battery Life (7-8+ Hours screen on time are no problem).

Also, the 6t is (inofficially) somewhat IP-protected, and less heavy. And, it has a silent-slider which no other phone has. Quite convenient in my Opinion.

i think, the Mix 3 is interesting for people with a Notch allergy, who absolutely HATE that for whatever Reason, and a notch phone is a no-go. That Slider mechanism is a solid aproach to this. But it does have disadvantages.

If you do not "need" this, i think it's too expensive. Xiaomi Mi 8 is similar from specs, has a notch (deactivate it,a nd "live" with a black bar..), but costs like 150-200 bucks less.

Other than that: Depending what's important to you, and what points are not, the Oneplus 6t is an incredibly good device for the next 2-3 years, that can do much more, than many think. ^^

@Jack The Banana Developer yea... no. The iPhone X is not "best phone tho". There is alot more to that, than 2 words.

Even more, since a better Xs and Xs Max came out.

But no, if any phone deserves the "best phone", it will be the galaxy Note 9. This phone does "check most boxes", as MKBHD said so well.

But what's "best", depends on every persons personal taste and opinion.

Just like there is no best shoe in the world. Or best Car.

thats like driving a Toyota Aygo to the prom, its fking good but looks like crap! throw that samsung in junk! im going to the party with my x

1 hour ago, Jack The Banana Developer said:

thats like driving a Toyota Aygo to the prom, its fking good but looks like crap! throw that samsung in junk! im going to the party with my x

okay. I'll just recommend you to look up the mi8's design. you're kinda offending your own phone...

16 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

okay. I'll just recommend you to look up the mi8's design. you're kinda offending your own phone...

lmao they copied iphone ??

Just now, Jack The Banana Developer said:

lmao they copied iphone ??

says it about a copy of the essential phone that came out ealier... the notch wasn't apple's idea...

Okay, so you best ignore the obvious troll over yonder and read @Darkseths post. All on-topic stuff is very true!

I'll abstain from commenting on the off-topic "discussion" ?

Unless you are really in love with the aesthetic of the MiMix and/or the UI (to each their own) that you would take it over the benefits of the OP6t you should go for the OP6t.

Also, depending where you live OnePlus's support is better than/equal to Xiaomis.